1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I created new website last weekend and please feel free to assess it.

Discussion in 'Websites' started by richardm55, Feb 25, 2013.

I built my new website about lotto numbers generator last weekend. Its address is

lotto-lucky-numbers.weebly.com

Any your feedbacks are very welcome. Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    richardm55, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I seriously think you should move away from weebly, just looks unprofessional IMO

malky66, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  3. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will do next my website outside the weebly but sometimes if I need simple website I can make it faster on weebly. What is IMO, mate?

4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    IMO= In My Opinion

malky66, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  5. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, mate.

6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Putting aside it's on Weebly, there is a gigantic, unnecessary (in terms of height) header. I think you can reduce that by 1/3 and still keep the same links, image and header text. or dump the image altogether. I get the idea behind it, but the text on the image looks like it was done in MS Paint. Cheap. You can probably find someone on this forum, or Fiverr, to (cheaply) make a better header image for you.

OK, I can't stop myself: Weebly. For a cheap and cheerful, someone experimenting with making their first web page ever it's fine, but also remember it has been abused like crazy by spammers (much like other web 2.0s). Seeing hyphens in the name, that it is on a free, heavily spammed site and it's lottery related just doesn't come across as professional or right for a lottery related page.

I don't mean to sound harsh or anything like that, mate.

BTW, it comes up with a message (when clicking draw): "type number between 1 and 99 in 2 text field" (or something like that).

ryan_uk, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  7. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, mate for your valuable comment and I will take some advice from it. I can not agree that header is too heigh on this website. I have seen a lot of professional websites with pretty large header. Maybe it looks simple but why cheap?
    What do you mean that weebly is abused by spammers? Why does hyphens in the name look cheap?
    I have corrected my website and I made more functional.

richardm55, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  8. TrySparta

TrySparta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think hyphens in a name are necessarily bad but I have to concur with the other points raised here. I think it might be a good idea to move the generator to the top of the page rather than having it behind a mountain of text. I had to do a lot of scrolling to get to the generator at the bottom, and scrolling does put people off.

TrySparta, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  9. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you mate for your comment with very good suggestion. I will really move it up.

richardm55, Mar 5, 2013 IP