1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I created a Winamp music reporter plugin for DigitalPoint Forums

Discussion in 'Programming' started by pkrumins, Dec 7, 2009.

1. pkrumins

pkrumins Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    TJ Coldstepper, I am going to test it right now. It may be the spaces. I did not expect nicknames to have spaces in them.

I am also glad to see it in the FAQ. :)

It should work in all future version of Winamp, it uses the official SDK and the SDK shouldn't change, otherwise all the thousands of existing plugins will break. They wouldn't do that.

(I actually wrote this plugin in 2006 and it worked with the old versions back then. Now in 2009 I just compiled the code again and it worked with the latest Winamp version. Therefore I am quite confident it will work in the future as well!)

I created an account with spaces in them and I was exactly able to reproduce the error message of "LibCURL failure: transfer closed with 1 bytes remaining to read".

Fixing it now, TJ Coldstepper.

The bug has been fixed. Download the new version: gen_digitalpoint.dll. I tested it, works 100%.

:)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
    pkrumins, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  2. TJ Coldstepper

TJ Coldstepper Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeee! It works... You, my friend, are pure genius :)

TJ Coldstepper, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  3. pkrumins

Best Answers:
    Thanks! :)

Btw, I am starting to work on many social media apps soon and I would like to find partners for distribution and promotion.

Here are a few program examples that I am going to make:

A program that gets your word out to many sites at once - to twitter, plurk, facebook, identi.ca, etc.

Then an app that collects all responses from all these sites, so that you can interact with all your friends from a single program.

Then I have another application upcoming that submits your posts to as many social bookmarking sites as possible - to digg, reddit, propeller, etc.

Then an application that gets your videos out to tons of sites like youtube, dailymotion, metacafe, etc.

Then an application that gets your photos to all the photo sharing sites like flickr, photobucket, fotolog, picasa, etc.

All these apps are for self promotion. This is important on the web, no one will come after you. You have to get yourself out.

For example, suppose you record some cool video of yourself, naturally you'd like it to be seen as many people as possible. You can then use my app to upload it to 10 or 20 video websites which will make the video seen by many more people. If you do it manually, it will take you the whole day.

I'd like to find some partners on this who could help me promote and distribute these apps. These apps should make a lot of money for both of us. :)

Anyone wants to partner with me? PM me to discuss or email me at
    [​IMG]

Let my plugin and my programming blog with 9300 subscribers serve as a proof that I can make stuff.

I will begin the work on them probably in February 15th, before that I have other projects going on.

;)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    pkrumins, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  4. madmikeyb

madmikeyb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Good work, testing this out now, not sure if it works :D

Edit: I see no song :(

Edit Edit: I get the LibCURL failure, downloading updated DLL from this thread, not the FAQ entry

Edit Edit Edit: Yep, working now, you need to get shawn to update the FAQ entry with the new dll link :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
    madmikeyb, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  5. caryfx

caryfx Member

Best Answers:
    Hope this will also work on all updated versions of Winamp.

caryfx, Jan 6, 2010 IP
  6. pkrumins

Best Answers:
    pkrumins, Jan 20, 2010 IP
    Abhik likes this.