1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I can't backup all files of my website Godaddy VPS

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by lapidus, Sep 10, 2018.

Hello folks

I have very weird thing.I can't backup all my files even if i pay for that option in my admin panel of my server. My website now contain 29,8GB of files.When i want to backup my files then at the end i see that only 1GB of files are there.
    At the support agent said that he can not backup ZIP files,that is funny.Btw that yellow folder is not a Zip file,there an images.
    Can somebody help me did Godaddy make a foul of me or what is here about. Why i pay for backup if all files of website can't be finsihed in backup section?

lapidus, Sep 10, 2018 IP
  2. RoseHosting

RoseHosting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can always backup the content of your website via FTP, and dump the database (if any) through phpMyAdmin.

RoseHosting, Sep 19, 2018 IP
  3. zacharooni

zacharooni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you want to back up your files to your computer? If so, then you should do so via WinSCP with SSH, so you can grab more than just the files, but backups of your data as well.
    When you say you only see 1GB of files, is it a corrupted ZIP file? What compression format or file extension? Are other files you know should be in the backup file missing?

zacharooni, Sep 20, 2018 IP
  4. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    What type of backup do you want to perform exactly? We could only help you regarding this issue if you provide more details about it.

phpmillion, Sep 23, 2018 IP