1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I built over 26k+ links in 6 months, plus gained rankings for website design top 1-10

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by tdd1984, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilylidou

lilylidou Peon

Best Answers:
    great job, it's absolute hard

lilylidou, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  2. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tdd1984, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  3. KunkVentures

KunkVentures Peon

Best Answers:
    funny that you don't rank for that any more. You can't go from 0 links a month to 26k without problems. There needs to be some staggering.

KunkVentures, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  4. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    We just did a 301 redirect :). it will take some time for things to level back out.

tdd1984, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  5. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    and yes you can you can go from 0 100k links in 1 year with no problems, depends on how you do it and if there natural or not. Just subscribe to the rss feed you'll learn more there.

tdd1984, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  6. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    This is amusing listening to the "SEO Experts" thanks for the entertaining read :)

sweetfunny, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  7. fitcoach

fitcoach Peon

Best Answers:
    Very well done, thanks for the info

fitcoach, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  8. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    Thanks :) we just launched our affiliate today, and our new website :).

tdd1984, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  9. demonpublisher

demonpublisher Peon

Best Answers:
    i have added you to my feed reader. Do you own other sites, or just dewitts media?

demonpublisher, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  10. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    I own a few sites :)

tdd1984, Sep 23, 2007 IP
  11. shyboy

shyboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the loss of ranking is more to do with the loss of the keywords in your domain name. You have just made it MUCH harder on yourself. I would seriously think about going back otherwise you might need another 50k links to get back to page 1.

Good luck!

shyboy, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  12. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    Nah domain are not as important as what they use to be, a brandable domain is far more important the website is back up to number 13 now, the 301 redirect took some time to level out. It will eventually make its self back up there.

BTW this was an old post lol.

tdd1984, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  13. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    good job. hard work and dedication does pay off. i however see you at 12 now which is the same result (or worse) i'm experiencing for one of my site. i was able to get one of my site ranked #2 for a highly competitive one word term and it stayed there for 2-3 weeks being now dropped down to #20 which is where its stying now for a while. i did a little bit updating on my site changing few links and updating portion of the text and thinking that probably had a negetive effect. i have the previous version of the site and will upload that to see that makes any diference. do you see any reason for being dropped down to 12 from 6?

sultanofseo, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  14. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    The reason it went down to 12 is because of a 301 redirect things are still leveling out.

tdd1984, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  15. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    Well subscribe to the feed here soon I will be taking questions from people and answering them on the blog.

tdd1984, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  16. peter84

peter84 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great Job! well, can you suggestion me Please ..................

peter84, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  17. scking

scking Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on getting the high ranking with website design. That's a highly competitive keyword phrase and your 26k links is really pulling up your ranking for sure. Do you have a tool to maintain your links?

I have a site which is all about helping people save time and effort in exchanging links. There are lots of similar sites to mine, however I feel that mine is different because the script which creates a link directory for your site makes it look like part of your original site design and it really automates the process of exchanging links. It just uses a template from your site and has one tag that places your custom link directory into the page.

The advanced membership comes with a backlink checker tool which will test all your links with a few clicks. Then you can hide or delete the links which no longer link back to your site,or you can simply approach the webmaster to find out what happened to your link before you hide or delete it.

Again, my site is all about convenience. With the advanced membership, you don't have to manually copy and paste code into your links page, email potential link partners, and upload your files to your server. These chores are all automated by the system. I'm trying to build the membership and it's 100% Free until I get several thousand members actively trading links daily. I want people to like the convenience of the site before it goes to a paid membership and there should be several thousand sites. Any ideas on how I can get people to register at my site?

scking, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  18. tdd1984

Best Answers:

Quite honestly I prefer people linking naturally, or not so called naturally, but not to use automated stuff. Not saying you have a bad idea, but what you should do is hide your inventory, and only show it to advertisers when needed to be seen, and focus on giving out links with then content.

So in other words you could be a link exchange broker, but just get people info and tell them what you have available, and send them details. The reason I say to hide your inventory is because you don't want people seeing your inventory such as Big G because they might just take all the link value from every single site thats listed in your inventory and plus advertisers would feel a lot safer.

As far as registering goes thats just going to take time and persistency.

Check out http://www.dewittsmedia.com/marketing.html for more information.

tdd1984, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  19. scking

scking Peon

Best Answers:
    Hide my inventory? Focus on giving out links with content? Why would I do this? You do not understand how my site works... Link-Exchangers.com doesn't provide "links with content". Google is not going to "remove the link value"... This is not what Google does, and your remark sends bad information here on DP about my site. Further, your statement " they might just take all the link value from every single site thats listed in your inventory and plus advertisers would feel a lot safer. " also sends bad and false information here on DP.

What to you mean advertisers would "feel a lot safer" ? What are you talking about? Advertisers WANT their site displayed with a little graphic of their home page. They want it viewable...

Look....There are thousands of directories and Google spiders every website listed in every category of these directories. Google doesn't go and devalue website value and PR just because they are listed in a directory. :D On the contrary, these directories only enhance their site value with one way links. Why would it do this to websites registered at my site? What kind of facts do you have to prove to people your remark here that because you can view the websites on my site that Google will devalue their PR and link value?

The websites are displayed so people can pick and choose the sites that they want to link with. Link-Exchangers.com is a warehouse of websites and you don't get "link value" directly from my site. The link value comes from all the sites that you link with which are registered. My site makes link exchanging much easier, and you're site will certainly NOT lose any value by being registered at my site.

To the search engines, it doesn't matter "How" the link was created between two websites, (i.e. the link didn't get on my links page by me spending my time to copy and paste the other webmasters code into my links page and upload the page to my server) That stuff takes TIME. The question is, how much do you value YOUR TIME? I can have 50 links posted to my links page in the time it takes to copy and paste 10 manually, upload your files and send an email to each linkpartner.

scking, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  20. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    LOL get so offensive I didn't have time to read everything, but what I'm saying is don't show your inventory if your letting people exchange links, but hey you do what you want to do a big majority of SEO companies feel safer gettings link from people that do not show there inventory.

and most of your people that probably will spend larger money with you will be seo companies, but if they see all the websites are revealed they might be a little sketchy about it which I don't really think google is all up to tight on exchanging links, but if a site looks like a link farm its going to get hit.

Anyways I'm not sure what you got going on its not my site you just asked for my opinion and I've been in this business for awhile and I deal with companies that do millions a year, but personally me if I owned a website and had several people signing up I would not show that there exchanging links just no ones business your the broker thats your job to find the links for people, but hey you can do it how ever you want.

tdd1984, Nov 13, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.