1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I bought novagra.org with my cc for my friend

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by yokolucu, Nov 16, 2015.

My friend told me his credit card is limitted and I bought www.novagra.org for him but I got a warning paper - summons from courts. As I learned he didnt send the products he sold. What should I do?

yokolucu, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hard to say for sure, because it's not exactly clear what has happened.

So you got an email after registering a new domain name? What did it say?

dcristo, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  3. abdmjz

abdmjz Active Member

Best Answers:
    why dont you ask your friend whether he scammed or not ? how did you pay for the domain ? unfortunately you should discuss this with your friend.

abdmjz, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  4. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    is your domain on the registration? your email? if so, you might have a problem

pmf123, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  5. WellsHunter

WellsHunter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This guy is obviously not your friend. Friends do not leave friends twisting in the wind for crimes they committed. I would speak with your "friend" and explain what has transpired and ask him to step up and claim responsibility. If he says "no", hopefully you have an email record of him asking you for your help which you can supply to the authorities.

WellsHunter, Nov 23, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Lesson learnt I hope. If you put your name on the domain and didn't transfer the domain registration to his account then you will have a fight on your hands to prove you aren't involved in the business your "friend" is running.

I'd start by changing the whois info (even though you have privacy turned on) and transferring to an account your friend manages.

If your relationship sours and you can't get this resolved and you still have control over the domain you can change the nameserver settings to the hosts default page and it will look as if the site no longer exists. Your "friend" will probably come around quite quickly then.

Get yourself some real legal advice too if you think the letter writer might actually pursue you.

sarahk, Nov 23, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.