1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I bet nobody here makes > USD5,000 per month in Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dlcmh, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Where are you seeing $3 articles? I can almost always use more content. :)

Will.Spencer, Mar 19, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.
  2. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    rentacoder.com.

one is even advertising for articles "that cost $5/article OR LESS".

devin, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  3. j3r0m3

j3r0m3 Peon

Best Answers:
    is it worth it in your opinion to get a content writer?

just wanna weigh the pros and cons before i leap

j3r0m3, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  4. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    well, i'm a content writer, so i'll give you a biased answer:

YES IT's VERY WORTH. :D:D

but really, people use content writers to save time. trick is to find a good content writer who not only writes, but communicates well.

devin, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  5. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    For those of you that maintain earners, you shouldn't have any trouble finding an SEO specialized coder for a share of your revenue. Of course, you'd have to prove that your sites have a history of earning, but that's your thing.

PS: If you can't find one, but really have something to offer (like a site that earns 5K on which you'll % rotate Adsense), let me know and I'll either put you in touch with someone who can help, or, if the proposition is good enough, I'll do it myself. I can't overlook the fact that there actually are some very talented (and productive) SEOs on this forum and I know from experience that once you upscale - coding for SEO is a must.

I'm more than happy with the revenue from my own sites, but something like this could work well for everyone - ie different disciplines are involved, but they're driven by the same objectives.

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    In theory? Yes it is, if your site has enough "mojo" with Google to rank for the keyword terms in the article and provide you a reasonable ROI (Return On Investment).

In practice, only one in twenty writers will create content good enough to post. Working with writers can be time consuming and annoying.

I am currently using a two-stage system. I have found a good writer. But, alas, his English is not very American. So, Abhilash writes articles and I send them to Laura to tech-edit them before publication.

I'm paying twice, but I am getting articles that I have not been completing myself.

Will.Spencer, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  7. j3r0m3

j3r0m3 Peon

Best Answers:
    erm, someone like you? :D

j3r0m3, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  8. maybach

maybach Peon

Best Answers:
    My way.
    I joined Adsense in Sep 2003.
    I had a website, with 3000 visitors and 40000 pageviews per day.
    When I joined Adsense - daily income was 5-6 USD.
    In February 2004 I broke 10-dollar barrier.
    Until July 2005 CTR was 0,3-0,4. Daily income was 15-20 USD.

In July 2005 I found DP. I implemented few techniques and CTR rose to 1,0 and in November for 2,0. Daily income rose to 70USD. Monthly income became 2K. And daily pageviews are much smaller now, than they were in the begining - about 25000.

This is stats, and now lyrics.

I think if I had no other business - I really can do 5K in Adsense. I know the recipe - make content, make seo, make links. And don't build website for Adsense. Build it for people.
    Of course I like to receive checks, but more than checks I like to receive e-mails from readers - "Great website, Igor, thank you!". And this is main result of sitemaking - peoples reaction. Make site for someone - money will come.

Of course I believe in good niches. I will not make any website about MP3 - I know it's very hard to get good SEO in it. But, for example, if it will be website about MP3 of irish folk group - it will get to the top.
    Don't write about everything global. A million websites about adsense, internet seo etc, which repost articles of each other and hope to get rich quick. Nonsense!
    Be unique. Make websites about umbrellas, butterflies,soap and whatever.
    That my humble opinion :)

maybach, Mar 20, 2006 IP
    obenix and iskandar like this.
  9. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Here is a perfect example of what you get for $3...

http://www.admissions-guide.info/search/majors.html
    http://www.exploreonlinedegrees.com/what_to_consider_when_choosing_a_college_major.html

That portion of the site was taken from another article and could easily get you banned from google as well as your adsense account suspended if the original author took the time. I found this in two minutes so I’m betting your site has other stolen content as well. Not to mention its just duplicate content.

This is why people should stay clear from rentacoder and REAL cheap content sites for content.

ConstantContent, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  10. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    ConstantContent, you sure about that? that page happened to be written by a friend of mine. he offered to write a few pages for free and i gave him that page.

if it's really duplicate i'll remove it. but i wrote the rest myself.\

EDIT: i just saw the second link. you are right. it's pure stolen article. :mad: i'll have to rewrite that section. thanks for pointing it out.

devin, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  11. MaxM

MaxM Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is inspiring.

Sounds like it's time to learn PHP :( .

MaxM, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  12. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    devin09 - I think you already know this - copyscape.com. I always put up articles in a secret file on my site, and have copyscape do a duplicate analysis on that.

dlcmh, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  13. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    i know about copyscape...but somehow i didn't thought of using it. :( i guess i'll have to be less trusting. anyway copyscpe didn't find copies.

devin, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  14. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    No problem... I see it all the time... for some reason people think they can take parts of articles or reword other articles. Well at least the rest of your site should be good. I thought you may be a rentacoder content buyer since we see this all the time there.

15. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Copyscape is not always the best solution as content thief's are getting smarter. Over seas writers now know what copyscape looks for and they change it just enough to fool copyscape. These type of article's can still get you in a whole lot of trouble, the writers that work for me are starting to realize they can report this type of stuff. Unfortunately it hurts the webmaster who in most cases think's they have purchased original content. Of course this is not all of them but they do exist.

This wasn't the case here, but just thought I should spread what I have learned.

16. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I check all article submissions through Copyscape. It's an incredible timesaver.

ConstantContent, how would one fool Copyscape? It seems to match on even the smallest text.

Will.Spencer, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  17. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    A couple ways... Use articles that are not indexed in Google (this is not hard to do some sites block Google bots from indexing).

Content thief's block copyscape.com so if the article is being used else where it won't be found if its a content thief. I found an instance where a people were selling articles that were already published on many sites but these sites were set to block copyscape so the buyer wouldn't find out.

And really copyscape is just an Algorithm, figure it out and you can get around it.

I have about 5 different checks built into to my site, copyscape is one of them.

18. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its always best to ensure the article is original by having it checked against Copyscape and at least one other such program. Infact, there are some fantastic writers and programmers on Rentacoder. Yes, there are some cheaters on Renacoder but so too on other freelance sites. Since everything is pretty much covered on the internet one way or another, the best one could do is write any given article in their own words and in their style of writing. If you have an article written for you, make sure it passes all copy tests and the articles are very interesting to read.

You could pay $100 for an article on one freelance site and pay $20 for an article on another and pretty much get the same quality. Instead of paying $100 for an article, why don't you invest some time and wite them yourself. You can easily do the research and write at least one article a day.

qwestcommunications, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  19. qwestcommunications

Best Answers:
    I once paid someone on Rentacoder $30 for 5 articles and paid $250 on Elance for 10 articles. They were all short articles (about 300 words). To be honest, I could not figure any difference in quality despite paying a $19 more for each article on Elance.

Always try to find a very professional writer on RentAcoder and stick with him/her. Yes, you will probably need to pay $15-20 for an article, but its way better than paying $75-100 on other freelance sites.

20. qwestcommunications

Best Answers:
    How many unique vistors do you get today?