1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am upbeat about the new design; but is it good enough?

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Alevoor, Oct 18, 2007.

I have recently redone the layout of my site and it looks like this. I want to tweak the navigation a bit which looks pretty ordinary as of now. Also the entire site isn't ready yet, however, a couple of pages are ready.

I would like your opinion on the overall looks of it and your judgment on whether this design can entice users to explore further deep? At this stage, I am not looking at ad placement aspect.

Thanks in advance.

Alevoor, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  2. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    The front page looks pretty good. I'd personally get rid of the gray bit just above the header/logo, it'd look a whole lot cleaner that way.

Are the diabetes and lung cancer page designs staying as is? It's extremely important to have the design consistent throughout the site. I know your ultimate goal is to get the user to click the ads, but when the visitor goes from a vibrant and well designed page to a dull and boring blue/gray page, they'll likely discontinue reading and go back to Google to browse through other results.

All the best,
    Liam

Ponynugget, Oct 18, 2007 IP
    Alevoor likes this.
  3. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    No. Not. I am going to have a similar theme flow through the entire site and maintain consistency, just as you had noticed. The gray patch you talked about over the header is a bit too odd but I brought it back because removing it gave a bland appearance.

Anyways, thanks for that pragmatic review. I would like to add a + rep but don't know how.

Alevoor, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  4. HiLoRoller

HiLoRoller Active Member

Best Answers:
    maybe add a color to the background that surrounds the fixed width??? I see a lot of white...

HiLoRoller, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  5. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's a good suggestion, I will experiment with that.
    Thanks

Alevoor, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  6. crazycatsville

crazycatsville Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's good because your site looks much lighter. Cool color/s will do. Best of luck!

crazycatsville, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  7. sky2high

sky2high Guest

Best Answers:
    the person eating an apple next to an infected foot isn't very appealing:p, but yeah the design looks cool to me.

sky2high, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  8. SuperBlog

SuperBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks a bit plain to me, and there are some things that could be done to improve it, but I do like it.

I DISLIKE:

1. The gray bar at the very top is unattractive. It would be better if the header image didn't cut it off and it continued to connect with the gray lines going down the sides.
    2. The gray bar around the Adsense link unit should also be white, not gray. This will look better AND increase CTR.

I LIKE:

1. The sidebar, the Adsense unit within and how it blends, and all the boxes in the sidebar. Very tidy looking.
    2. The page in general. It is grouped nicely, not overcrowded, and organized. I like the white.

Nice work.

SuperBlog, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  9. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are right. More over, the two of them, being heavy, were weighing down the balance. Now I think it is evenly spread.

Alevoor, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  10. Zhu

Zhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The header looks "cut" to me... that's the only thing. I like the organization of the page though !

Zhu, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  11. Overclock099

Overclock099 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    See at down left..Seem misalignments..

Overclock099, Oct 20, 2007 IP