1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am unhappy with questionable ads in my category!

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by anothercoopperson, Mar 25, 2005.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If anyone has proof that a co-op site is doing something illegal, I can look into it. But someone offering a pay service for downloading copyrighted material isn't necessarily illegal. iTunes Music Store would be illegal by that definition. Surely you don't expect ad reviewers to do full background checks on sites. If you want to, that's fine... just present the evidence, and appropriate action will be taken.

digitalpoint, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  2. anothercoopperson

anothercoopperson Guest

Best Answers:
    i'm not going to post my URL since i dont want to expose my business. but i would give it to an admin who emailed me.

anothercoopperson, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  3. anothercoopperson

anothercoopperson Guest

Best Answers:
    shawn - www dot downloadz dot ws is CLEARLY illegal. it can't even be compared to iTunes. we are talking about a site offereing all the video game and movie downloads you want for .89 cents a month.

would it be hard for reviewers to classify the site they review? maybe you get more new sites then i think, but doing a quick check into site content can't take that much time. but again, if you have to pay people to do it, make a $20 entry fee to the coop network. that would pay for a site review.

4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:

Why should anyone take you serious then :confused:

What do you have to fear :confused:

Are you selling illegal games to underage kids or something :confused:

anthonycea, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  5. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    acp -
    What shawn said, basically was, give him some proof, then he'll take action. You can't just tell him "it's obviously illegal because they are cheap". The coop is free, so as a member of the community, it's all of our responsibility to do what we can to police it. Shawn has a lot of other things to do besides review sites for potential problems that have already been approved.

There are a lot of threads here in the forum for sites that got removed. Just post a message stating:
    1) This url has an ad in the co-op.
    2) It violates the TOS because {state violation here}

There are a few sites in the coop that are not up to par, but that's the price you pay for free advertising. There are a lot of quality sites in here as well. The more quality sites that join the better.

If you have a problem with existing sites that do not violate the TOS, then think about how you would go about creating a rule that would weed those sites out - then suggest that rule be added to the TOS. You'd be surprising how difficult that is. It's easy to say "this site shouldn't be allowed because of x", but for one reason or another "x" can't be a hard and fast rule because it would unfairly impact some webmasters.

If you have a site that can't handle the co-op in its current form, then perhaps you should try it out on one of your other sites for a while first. Over time, it evolves and gets better. It already has improved significantly within the last several months in my experience.

nevetS, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  6. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree that the coop network is NOT appropriate for a multimillion dollar ecommerce site.

I mean, if I had a site like that, I would not do anything on it that I didn't have - complete - control of. Never a link that I didn't know where it went ahead of time, never text that I didn't approve of myself, never a charactor out of place.

The coop is for us bootstrappers, up and coming, seat of our pants, innovating, entrepreneurial types. Why would you ever consider putting a feed, controlled by other people, with unknown links, on an established, multimillion dollar business site?

Christopher, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That guy is pulling your leg man, he has no multi-million dollar business, in fact he is full of it. :eek:

8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I agree... that guy is a living joke...

fryman, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  9. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is what I suspect as well...

Christopher, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    There are only a few kids that have real brains like Josh does, you can tell some of these guys are real young kids by their posting style.

Some of them are not even in high school yet (see post #5) :eek: :p

11. anothercoopperson

anothercoopperson Guest

Best Answers:
    anthonycea (and others):

if it it makes you feel much better about yourself to not believe in others successes, be my guest. or maybe it is your curiosity that makes you disbelievingly challenge people in hopes that they will reveal something about themselves. good luck.

like the other guy said, this is a network for bootstrapers, anonymous adsense folks, and people having a good time pushing their sites to the top. you might be most interested in being the #1 in a search term like "vioxx attorney" so that some moron will visit www vioxx-attorney-online dot info, see your ugly site, and click the ad box to get away. and you pocket your $8 to buy your next domain for your next 'muti-million dollar seo idea'.

i guess it weirds you out that a large business would be interested in the coop in the first place. but seo is a very important part of ecommerce. coop just isn't ready for that.

but i'll say it one more time - if i could have more control, i would pay GOOD money for it.

12. anothercoopperson

anothercoopperson Guest

Best Answers:
    do you have the local elementary school kids do your web design? www dot searchenginesinternational dot com is a gem! i passed that along to my webmaster and a few friends for a good laugh...

13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You would know all about the local elementary school because you are still in one, dude why not just tell us the URL of your multi-million dollar game site :p :p

PS: The "other guy" he was talking about was his friend in the following thread, they must be twin brothers or something :confused:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=129078#post1290

The other guy's name is "TheHonz"

:rolleyes:

14. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Has anyone tried the new tender crisp bacon cheddar ranch sandwhich from burger king?

GTech, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No I eat the "finger food" at Wendy's GTech :eek:

Where in the hell have you been, you should have been talking sense into this crazy kid for the last two nights :confused: :p

16. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    The username of the person starting the thread just said it all ... "not even worth looking at"

I am suprised it has gotten to 4 pages.

payoutwindow, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  17. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually anthonycea, I'm the 'other guy' he is referring to.

And I said, with pride, that the network is for us "bootstrappers, up and coming, seat of our pants, innovating, entrepreneurial types". It's not something a staid, stuffy, formal, multimillion dollar business would partake in.

If anothercooperson was actually running a multimillion dollar business and website, chances are he wouldn't be here, bickering and complaining at us lowbrow rabble rousers on an easter weekend. If he really ran such a site and wanted backlinks - he would just go buy them.

Christopher, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah but this kid is full of it and so is "TheHonz" :eek:

anthonycea, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  19. SlyOldDog

SlyOldDog Peon

Best Answers:
    And me. Don't forget me :)

Ha ha. I guess it wasn't only me who thought your site is crap.

SlyOldDog, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  20. thehonz

thehonz Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, what a pile of excrement

thehonz, Mar 27, 2005 IP