1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am so down...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fencerstars, Jan 27, 2021.

Hi,

Apology to go off topic for a bit. I just wanted to release how I feel...

Last 2 weeks ago, I deactivated my social media account. I couldn't help but compare myself with all the achievements of people in my feed. You know the feeling that you don't really wanted to compare yourself but it is leading you to feel it. Seeing all these posts is not good for me for it will trigger my anxiety.

Others may tell that I feel this because I envy those people. I don't know if you would classify that as being envious... All I feel is fear that I may not be able to achieve something for myself.

Your thoughts?

fencerstars, Jan 27, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Public speaking one on one: If you feel anxious in front of an audience, just picture everybody naked and it should help.

Social media involvement one on one: Assume that everyone's lying about their success and achievements (and they probably are) and it should help.

Sounds easy, but it works.

qwikad.com, Jan 27, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @qwikad.com has it exactly right: a lot of social media posters bluster and brag and tout their "successes" when, in fact, they have little or none. In fact, the people that brag or spout lies the most, are typically the most insecure and pathetic of the crowd. Truly successful people rarely brag about their success. Further, you should not place yourself in competition with anyone, because everyone's situation is different. To use an American baseball analogy, some people are born on third base and think that they hit a home run when they score. Others have not had the chance to get up to bat. Comparing those two situations is not possible.

If you want to keep "score" (and your sanity) just track your own progress. Have you made progress towards your goals this week? Are you in a better place than you were last year? Compete against yourself to get into a better situation each and every day.

jrbiz, Jan 27, 2021 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I don't give a flying hoot what others think of me and never compare myself to anybody. The only respect I require is my own....self respect, which I have plenty of. (God bless me and my arrogance):cool:

I don't know if you are faith based or not, but that helps too. If it all gets to be too much, you can always reach me through this account.:)

Just repeat this mantra...."It will all work out in the end".

Spoiltdiva, Jan 27, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  5. SQ27

SQ27 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    why would you look at other how success or failures? You should look at yourself instead. If you had done better than the previous day, then I think you are good. People only post success story on social media about how great things they had accomplished, do you see anyone post a bad thing about themselves?

Seems to me you are lost. Ask yourself what you want? Once you know that your fear will be taken care of. Note it will not remove. As fear is one of the factors that keep you moving.

SQ27, Feb 2, 2021 IP
  6. Direction3D

Direction3D Peon

Best Answers:
    Look, not everybody's perfect. Everybody's awesome in their ways! Try to concentrate on something good! At least thats how it worked for me...

Direction3D, Feb 9, 2021 IP
  7. Descard

Descard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bro, if you are starting to feel symptoms like your consciousness is clouded, or that you don't like doing what you usually like to do, we are really talking about depression and it is NOT a state of mind, but a disease that must see yourself as such and be treated by a healthcare professional. Trees are not pills. Good luck, crack!!

Descard, Feb 28, 2021 IP
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think crack will help him, bit of weed might cheer him up but crack...no.

malky66, Mar 1, 2021 IP
  9. Descard

Descard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry, "you're crack" (eres un crack) is a expression in Latin America. xD It means something like you're great (crack: different soccer players like Messi or Cristiano).

Descard, Mar 1, 2021 IP
  10. HostOX

HostOX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A delay in our own success will bring on these feelings, hey we are all getting there at our own paces and sometimes I even get down despite doing pretty well - They may post all that success but let me assure you it can also get you down too.

You are in your own lane man, don't sweat.

HostOX, Mar 1, 2021 IP
  11. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few years ago I wrote a self-improvement book. One chapter of that book details how to identify personal progress benchmarks and how to chart your progress. I turned that chapter into a PDF that I give away.

I don't know if it would help but it might show you a path to follow that might will move your mind away from dwelling on what other people claim.

If you'd like to check it out send me a PM and I'll give you the direct download link - no opt-in.

JoeSpirit, Mar 4, 2021 IP
    jrbiz and Spoiltdiva like this.
  12. Adamkshoots

Adamkshoots Peon

Best Answers:
    Man I feel you on this stuff. I've been like that for a while myself - I'm struggling with this because people on social media seem to be productivity beasts.

But, a lot of people have come out ands said they're miserable with their lifestyles. It's all pretty much a big front.

Adamkshoots, Mar 4, 2021 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, social media, among other things, is a place for impostors because it is so easy to do. And it is not just people falsely pumping up their success or supposedly exciting lives. You also see it with the bullies who, online, are vicious, spout vitriol and invective, put down people and their beliefs, and worse. In my experience, they tend to be the most pathetic and weak people you could ever meet in real life. That is why they stay in their caves, try to quell their frustrations online with bombastic posts, and mostly avoid the real world.

jrbiz, Mar 5, 2021 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  14. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Check your inbox.;)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 5, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.