1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am planning to start a online shop, any suggest?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by yoory, Nov 16, 2011.

I want to start a online shop using opencart , and i found a free template is suit.

then My host is IXWEBHOSTING in US.

I don't know how to Handle the details

just like how to get more orders more traffic..

Anything about online shop 't tips are welcome.

yoory, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  2. aric22

aric22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should start with PPC, affiliate marketing, classifieds and then start SEO.... This way i guess you will get orders and as well as traffic..

aric22, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  3. wordpressfanboy

wordpressfanboy Peon

Best Answers:
    And don't miss out on Social Media Marketing. Create a Facebook Page. Have a Twitter Account. Start circles on Google+. Digg your site. Stumble on it. Possibilities are endless my friend. :)

wordpressfanboy, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  4. kelly joshef

kelly joshef Peon

Best Answers:
    Make an attractive and effective website of your shop and provide all details there. And advertise it on all social networking sites.

kelly joshef, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  5. mazhar110

mazhar110 Member

Best Answers:
    today social networks are very helpful for marketing or advertising your business.
    Almost all firms have their pages on Facebook.

mazhar110, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  6. onlinecolorplus

onlinecolorplus Peon

Best Answers:
    Firstly promote your business in the social media websites. Let the people talk about your online Shopping business. Later on work for the visibility of your website.

onlinecolorplus, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  7. Donutella

Donutella Peon

Best Answers:
    More traffic? Sounds simple in context, but it can be difficult in execution. The simple answers are to use social media, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. In Twitter, follow people who are interested in the stuff you sell. For example, if you're selling baby products, follow popular "mommy" bloggers and devoted fans. (You can find said fans by looking at the comments in these blogs. Most people list their own websites or Twitters.) Interact with them, maybe even offer a few to review your product on their blog for exposure.

Another thing you can do is write articles targeting your market in your niche. So, taking the baby product example, you'd write articles consulting or giving new parents some advice on how to properly maintain a cloth diaper, maybe some tips on the best baby food, or what ingredients to look out for. The latter is especially easy to do if you're in the organic market.

Starting your own company blog is another good idea. By outputting lots of good information for free, you gain a reputation of authority in your niche. Your customers and new visitors come to respect you, and you gain credibility. Word of mouth's very powerful.

Of course, you should also utilize SEO techniques in your copy. Ranking higher in Google, especially with their recent algorithm changes emphasizing unique content, is easier than ever to take advantage of. Never use the manufacturer's description - always rewrite or write your own. Stress on the benefits, and list the features in bullet points. Include important specifications if necessary, such as ingredients for food (again, using the baby product example). Figure out which keywords you want to rank in Google (and Yahoo and Bing) for, and weave them into your copy without being too redundant. Doing this right will you rank higher, which in turn will catch new customers' attention when they search.

There's a lot more you can do, such as registering and being an active member in forums geared towards your target audience, networking in-person, or getting a good press release out announcing your business.

Donutella, Nov 17, 2011 IP
    rype likes this.
  8. LuxuryBespokeBeds

LuxuryBespokeBeds Peon

Best Answers:
    Now a days the market has been changed into online shopping its is cool shopping on internet that you just have to pick and choose than order and you receive it but for that need money ;)

LuxuryBespokeBeds, Nov 18, 2011 IP
  9. tripbuilder

tripbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    make proper SEO strategy and fast loading site.

tripbuilder, Nov 18, 2011 IP
  10. gurv01

gurv01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Ad word ( PPC ) is good strategy for both requirement ( Order & Traffic ) .

gurv01, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  11. wordpresshosting

wordpresshosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Social media marketing should be on top of your lists - if your product can be sold over the phone, then I suggest calling people up (cold calls) for selling - use offline marketing as well as online marketing. I made the mistake of taking too long to add offline marketing as a way to get new customers - you can get a lot of clients from offline marketing.

wordpresshosting, Nov 21, 2011 IP
  12. Miguel Mirpuri Casal

Miguel Mirpuri Casal Member

Best Answers:
    Market your website in facebook, its a very nice conversor!!

Miguel Mirpuri Casal, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  13. dustinfuson

dustinfuson Member

Best Answers:
    If any buddy wants to start online shop and you realy wants to provide best service. Its easy just you have to impress your site visitors to provide a good online shop website.

dustinfuson, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  14. goliveuk

goliveuk Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting more traffic and Google popularity is not as easy as it sounds. And please, do not make the mistake to think that marketing on Facebook will do. It is not enough, social media marketing includes many, many more things. Visit our website for more information about this issue.

goliveuk, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  15. UK-Gaming-Products

UK-Gaming-Products Peon

Best Answers:
    Post on Facebook and other Social Network Sites - PPC Campaign !

UK-Gaming-Products, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  16. sleer

sleer Peon

Best Answers:
    I run PPC and have just launched an affiliate program for my site. I also get some traffic organic from just from setting up products, didn't really get a lot of traditional SEO

sleer, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  17. ecommerce-hosting-guru

ecommerce-hosting-guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Marketing is really the hardest part of opening up any new online store. I would recommend that before you choose what you are going to sell that you investigate the market for the keywords that you would target. I see people quit all of the time because they thought they could just open up a store and then wait for people to come so I'm glad that you are thinking about this now.

As others have said, social media, google adwords, seo, link building etc are all good ways to get visitors but first and foremost research your target keywords. You will want to make sure that there is actually a market for what you are selling before you put up a website.

ecommerce-hosting-guru, Nov 27, 2011 IP
  18. x-tremesofts

x-tremesofts Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you have any problem so let me know..
    & also one thing...if you want implement your HTML template In that so i can Help you....

x-tremesofts, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  19. vishalkumar82

vishalkumar82 Peon

Best Answers:
    What I think is you need to do is focus more on SEO. This will help you to bring in more traffic which will increase the chances of sales so that you can monetize your site perfectly.....

vishalkumar82, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  20. serena85

serena85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't use free platforms don't use free web hosting services and always be sure that your site loads fast enough.

serena85, Nov 28, 2011 IP