1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am new to ebay, how to lift up your item to the first page?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by dongzhe, May 13, 2011.

what tips do you guys have to improve the positions
    how does ebay handle the position of the item?

dongzhe, May 13, 2011 IP
  2. luke3

luke3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Put as many keywords in there as possible. Using the extra features (that you pay for) push up the ranking. But something you can't help is how much feedback you have and what feedback score you have. Unfortunately someone with 500000 feedback will be at the top instead of the new sellers who will be at the bottom.

luke3, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  3. auctionsifu

auctionsifu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

Shireen here :)

There are a few ways:

- insert all the important keywords into your ebay title.

- become a top rated seller

Hope it helps :)

auctionsifu, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  4. seniorsmith

seniorsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to list your item in an area with less competition. For instance, if your selling a pet carrier, and title your listing as: "Brand Name Pet Carrier..." There may be 1,000's of listing to compete with. However, if you title your listing as: "Inexpensive, Metal Pet Carrier," you may find less than 50 competitive listings and will end up on the first page of the search results regardless. Just play with your title and do some research.

seniorsmith, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  5. jmbinfo

jmbinfo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pay for a bold or featured item listing.

jmbinfo, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  6. ozrocks22

ozrocks22 Member

Best Answers:
    the above poster is right. Pay for premium placement. Another trick is to have the lowest price :) Sorting by price + shipping is usually the first thing comsumers will search within to find their product after they get the results page.

ozrocks22, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  7. sukajajan

sukajajan Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for info

sukajajan, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  8. sjdataservices

sjdataservices Peon

Best Answers:
    To get the item on first page you need to use different selling technique . Along with selling technique feedback's are very important. Feedback's reflects on rating. To get positive feedback from customer you should provide good services to customer.
    This will not only get your product on first page but also increase your sales and profit.

sjdataservices, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  9. jack2230

jack2230 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also you can use Auctions which is what I do occasionally as they usually get put closer to the top. E.g. I place I Buy It Now item and the search comes up with 500 Listings most from sellers with 50,000+ Feedback, and my listing is down towards the bottom or middle. I place the same item as an auction and do the same search and my item is at the very top and that is sorted under "Best Match" not "Lowest Price". So Auctions are another thing you can try, and from my experience Auctions will usually get to your desired Buy It Now Price anyway, most of the time they exceed it.

jack2230, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  10. harrysom

harrysom Peon

Best Answers:
    Use more most relevant keyword in a ebay title and use a unique content on story.this is the easiest way to increase sale.

harrysom, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  11. beingfollower

beingfollower Peon

Best Answers:
    To get the item on first page you need to use different selling technique .

SEO | Smo for your weburl..

This will not only get your product on first page but also increase your sales and profit.

http: //stores .ebay .com /funhouseshirts

beingfollower, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  12. seomarketinggurus

seomarketinggurus Guest

Best Answers:
    The most important thing to understand about ebay is that it is all about the buyers. The reason that ebay is such a popular website is that buyers trust it and it has been around forever. There are many sites that try to copy ebay and if you read the reviews of people that use ebay consistently as sellers you will see that ebay does everything in its power to protect the seller. That being said, the most important thing to do is keywords in title and body of product, over the top customer service so that your feedback score isn't negatively affected. If someone gives you negative feedback it stays on your account for I believe 6 months before it falls off. But be ready for things like getting negative feedback for item's shipping being too expensive even when you ship it for free. (Although that was one of the items that Ebay customer service removed after being on the phone and hour). Good Luck!

seomarketinggurus, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  13. intelisb

intelisb Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you make an interesting profile on your ebay my world page

intelisb, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  14. seanmc753

seanmc753 Guest

Best Answers:
    Im sorry but ebay doesnt protect the seller at all, the Feedback system reflects this and if you look at some of the alternative Paypal sites on Google some of the feedback is truly scary! In saying this i like ebay's variety as a buyer and its so easy to make money on there especially if your just starting out in ecommerce but watch the fee's as they can be as high as 40% with Paypal fee's included

seanmc753, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  15. netmigo

netmigo Guest

Best Answers:
    Many keywords in the Item Title first, then the position depends on the sales of the item. The more sales of the item, the better position on eBay search.

netmigo, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  16. Web-Site-ProMoTionS

Web-Site-ProMoTionS Peon

Best Answers:
    Give low price and high shipping - you will be first :)

Who know which website I can use for pre-sale on Ebay? Need support :):confused:

Web-Site-ProMoTionS, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  17. domainer85

domainer85 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can up your item top at any sites if pay for it ^^

domainer85, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  18. Pandanger

Pandanger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Free shipping puts you on higher rank, power seller status helps, but otherwise, don't worry about it. It's not like google where you're dead if not on page one. Someone will bid on your items. It's the busiest auction site in the world!

Pandanger, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  19. happyhound

happyhound Peon

Best Answers:
    Auctions will always rate higher than buy it now unless you're paying for buy it now to be on first page or you're a Top Seller

happyhound, Mar 13, 2012 IP