1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am new to CJ and have $75k/month to spend - Is PPC the best way to go?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by ethanwa, Apr 10, 2008.

Hey folks -

I've done a TON of website work the past few years with Google Adsense, CPX, Adbrite, Zango, etc. I own over 60 sites with different niches and I'm earning a good amount of profit per month, but I'm having trouble growing. I currently make $25k profit/month with $1Mil in revenue yearly.

I see many many people on here being successful with affiliate marketing. I've also heard that if you want to really strike it rich then affiliate is the final mile. I have $75,000 available to me each month via my Amex card as Net 30-45 cash flow. I'm new to CJ and I'm thinking about using Google Adwords to drive traffic to sales.

How effective is this method? Is that the route I should be taking? How can I turn a huge amount of free cash-credit into big profits? I'm not looking for specific details or niches (I would never give up that info myself), I am just looking for advice.

Thanks!

Ethan

ethanwa, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  2. dewald

dewald Peon

Best Answers:
    Ethan,

Making money as an affiliate via PPC is very tough. There are folks who are doing it, but you have to be nothing short of a PPC guru.

The reason lies in conversion rates and affiliate commission rates.

As an affiliate, your commission is generally not enough to tolerate mediocre conversion rates. You could easily burn yourself into a very deep credit hole with PPC.

If I were you, I'd first test the conversion rates of an affiliate product by driving traffic to it via a free Squidoo (or similar) page. If it converts well, then you could consider sending it PPC traffic.

Best regards,

Dewald

dewald, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  3. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    It looks like you have more than enough to test plenty of different campaigns if you wanted to - it would only cost a fraction of your budget.

webwork, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  4. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With that sort of money I would seriously get on the Sitepoint.com marketplace page and buy your self an already established site with revenue and traffic already happening.

For that sort of money you could really take your pick of some great sites. Then next month buy another and then another until your network grows as large as you want.

Let someone else do the hard yards.

mcjp6, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  5. ethanwa

ethanwa Peon

Best Answers:
    I have CPX (CPM) ads all over my sites. Should I consider replacing them with affiliate ads?

Is there any benefit of having a CPM publisher network advertise on my site when I'm an affiliate marketer?

ethanwa, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  6. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:

I would say yes, but not completely. They can be a good thing to fall back on when the conversion rate from the affiliate ads is not too high. It may happen. I don't know if you have noticed here but a lot of people are using the ebay affiliate program raking in some significant cash. I have just joined the program myself and am expecting great results. CJ.com is great too, but you have to drive targeted traffic to make the most of their ads.

vitalbusiness, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  7. TelevisionShows

TelevisionShows Guest

Best Answers:
    That is exactly the same thing i would do. And then you will eventually have your own little empire.

TelevisionShows, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  8. ergou

ergou Peon

Best Answers:
    i am new,too.
    i also want to know .....up..

ergou, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  9. Think_Big

Think_Big Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Squidoo is a good option. It can be used to get highly targeted traffic to pages promoting ClickBank products.

Think_Big, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  10. TelevisionShows

TelevisionShows Guest

Best Answers:
    What is squidoo exactly? Do they give you free traffic or something?

TelevisionShows, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  11. Think_Big

Think_Big Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Squidoo is a site that allows you to build free web pages. For more info take a look at http://best.website.ever.com

Think_Big, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  12. affiliguy

affiliguy Guest

Best Answers:
    Dude if you have $75K to spend a month,

Affilliatle marketing is NOT for you.

You'd be much better of buying some McDonald's Franchaise or similar.

Sorry but your question is ridiculous.

Either you are lying or you have lost it.

75K a month on affiliate marketing LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

affiliguy, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  13. DonMecca

DonMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm easily spending around $8k a month on affiliate marketing. Although 75k is a huge amount, I can see that bringing in 100% R.O.I. or more. The thing is though you have to slowly build up and not dump 75k into one campaign or two. Testing, testing, testing is the key. Once you find campaigns converting at appropriate levels you can turn up the heat by increasing your budget and so forth. Having 75k or not ..I would start slow like everyone else or you'll be on the curb no time with a $75k bill and no income.

DonMecca, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  14. ethanwa

ethanwa Peon

Best Answers:
    Can someone tell me more about the eBay program that is mentioned above?

ethanwa, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  15. baidutom

baidutom Peon

Best Answers:
    你说的究竟是花那么多还是什么意思,我觉得你很牛逼了。

baidutom, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  16. WebDiggin

WebDiggin Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it better to send PPC traffic directly to your advertiser's landing page, or is it better to send it to your own presell page with links to the advertiser?

WebDiggin, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  17. NemexAff

NemexAff Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to burst your bubble but 75k from affiliate marketing is not far fetched.

I know of several people who have made more than that in a month. Hell 6 months ago I was making 6 figures monthly from affiliate marketing until I pulled the plug due to legal issues.

In fact I think affiliate marketing is an awesome way of becoming wealthy.

When you think about it the only thing you have to bother with is traffic building and conversion ratios. No inventory, staff or affiliates to deal with.

I'm in the same boat as the OP until my new affiliate program is ready for showtime!

NemexAff, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  18. NemexAff

NemexAff Peon

Best Answers:
    All depends on the product you'Re selling and how well the sponsor's page is built to deal with that particular traffic.

NemexAff, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  19. pixelcoder

pixelcoder Peon

Best Answers:
    if the company you're advertising allows you to bid on terms relevant to the product, and you can link to their page, go for that every single time - cuts outs one more step for the customer.

pixelcoder, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  20. GunJunkie

GunJunkie Peon

Best Answers:
    ethanwa

You have spyware/adware in the programs you run under your sigs. It modifies several files on your computer under an XP system.

post that crap somewhere else.

Specifically: freeresumetemplate

GunJunkie, Apr 16, 2008 IP