1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am looking for the best dating software for a new site, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by canaryspace, Jun 24, 2012.

Hi,
    I am starting a new venture into the dating business, having had my Adsense account removed from my main site that was a chat site. If you didnt know already, Google have banned Adsense from chat sites, so after some amazingly great advice from a DP member, I have purchased a great domain name, both .com and .net for a dating site and I am confident it will work. I have traffic on the chat site, lots of traffic and can send a lot of it to the dating site because the niche is very similar.

Anyway, before I invest money into software, I have been looking around for a dating script that is the best!

I need the following..

1, Facebook connect.
    2, Webcam chat room and instant messenger.
    3, Options to disable features for free members and enable features for paid members.
    4, Paypal gateway.
    5, Possibility for members to send paid gifts to other members.
    6, SEO friendly URLs.
    7, Affiliate program built in.
    8, Populated members (fake profiles) already installed.

If you can point me into the right direction or know of dating software capable of these features, advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Simon.

canaryspace, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds very specific. You may have to build your own custom script.

NetStar, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to use the Dating site to market to users on your Chat Web site why don't you try a "whitelabel" approach.

NetStar, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  4. canaryspace

canaryspace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the advice but having already sent a lot of traffic to affiliates with little return whilst helping them get rich, I would prefer to take 100% of the profit and really think I can get this to work and become popular in the dating niche.

canaryspace, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  5. maxking1234

maxking1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds specific so you should try and develop it yourself or get someone else to do it!

maxking1234, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  6. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    If I could, I would be rich, but I havent got the brains to do it myself, so its a catch22, I need the site to make money but I need money to make the site! ;)

canaryspace, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  7. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well... If your traffic is making them Rich you would be very well off. Usually dating sites will pay out between $2.50-$5 per free registration -or- up to $20 per upgraded member. While it is true they will make more money than you, they also carry the overhead (marketing, servers, staff, bandwidth, customer service etc). Building a dating site from scratch sounds profitable on paper...but in reality no one will join such a site if there are no members. And unless there are tons of LOCAL members noone will upgrade.

Again... your better off with a "whitelabel" affiliate that will allow you to brand their site with your domain and scheme. Then collect revenue on a Revenue Share model (ie. every month they remain a paid member you get paid).

This would be the easiest, most cost effective, and most profitable way for you to generate income off from your chat web site. Building from scratch is too risky... The time it takes to build the site and get established would cost you to lose money. Then once it's established you are years away from building a client base.

Don't waste your time. Go with the quickest way to offer a product/service to your traffic and move on.

NetStar, Jun 26, 2012 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  8. danielwood

danielwood Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried the Cyber Match from iscripts.com. It's a good script to start an online dating website. They have the instant messenger, photos, payment gateway etc features but i am not sure about facebook connect. Though you can contact them. May be they could customize it for you.

danielwood, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  9. kristinaant

kristinaant Active Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, Dating Pro (datingpro dot com) includes all these options. You can try their demo demoonline or by installing to your server.
    Profiles databases are also available (from 1000 to 20 000 users).

kristinaant, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  10. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all the advice, I have chosen one and will let you know how it works out.

canaryspace, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  11. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    I have gone with eMeeting and AVChat and both are working out brilliantly. Both software are top quality and I love the chat, even running on RED5, no Wowza or FMS to pay each month! Take a look at the chat room if you like here http://www.lovetoflirt.com/inc/exe/videochat/ it is great, I think so anyway!

canaryspace, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  12. johnPB

johnPB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm using the software "pH7CMS" and it really cool. Hope it helps

johnPB, Sep 11, 2016 IP
  13. Kieran Stephenson

Kieran Stephenson Peon

Best Answers:
    Tinder, one the best dating apps all around the world.

Kieran Stephenson, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  14. rjlacanlaled

rjlacanlaled Member

Best Answers:
    If you need help customizing it, you can contact me!

rjlacanlaled, Dec 17, 2016 IP
  15. Mardaki

Mardaki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm using AVChat it's working fine with me.

Mardaki, Dec 17, 2016 IP
  16. kevinhng86

kevinhng86 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best software right now I can see on the market is SkaDate. They do have a pretty decent framework. If you do need extensive feature, generally programming your own will give you the greatest flexibility. Requirement for producing your own framework would actually cost more in the short-term run but cost less in the long term run. Consider that if you re-invented the greatest wheel you probably can sale it's too. That however may not be the reality for some of us. So buying someone else software and customise it in my opinion is the best bet.

kevinhng86, Jan 16, 2017 IP
  17. Jonathan Wood

Jonathan Wood Member

Best Answers:
    If you were rich, you could hire someone like me to write it for you. :)

Jonathan Wood, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  18. mkkhatri

mkkhatri Member

Best Answers:
    For all type of software development or product engineering project or services you need to have a reliable source.

mkkhatri, Apr 6, 2017 IP
  19. Jonathan Wood

Jonathan Wood Member

Best Answers:
    A couple of thoughts from someone who has developed a lot of websites:

First, I wish you the very best luck on building your site. But you should know that it's not going to be easy. The problem building a site like this is that it will not be appealing to anyone until you have lots of users. And if it's not appealing to anyone, you'll never have lots of users. Obviously, it has been done. But without an enormous effort to get users, probably requiring a great deal of money, you are unlike to reach the critical mass of users that are required to make a site like this successful. Also, there are a lot of similar sites already out there. I don't mean to try to dissuade you from trying. But I think it's worth having a sober understanding of what is needed.

Second, you really need to be or have a good web developer. How will it look if your site isn't even original code and looks exactly like some other sites? And how will you make tweaks that are needed based on internal and user requests? Or how will you grow it in the future? I assume you have some skills, but my opinion is that you really should write something from scratch, or be able to take something that exists and really rework it in a significant way.

Jonathan Wood, May 13, 2017 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  20. john.peter

john.peter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

I can understand that this post is very old and the question was asked around 5 years ago. But it's still good to discuss which way of getting things done is easier and beneficial. I agree with @Jonathan, only in the case of building something new in the market which was never touched. Take AirBNB as an example.

To start a dating software, building things from the scratch may consume more time. Even if you have a in-house team it would take months. DO a QUICK search in google for dating apps every day and you can obviously see the counts increasing. So, its purely a matter of timing. Instead of starting it from the scratch you can take something which is built already and of course change something or add something which can be never found in any dating app. Make your unique selling point (USP) as more attractive and start raising funds and bring more users.

Either way if people don't find the app attractive, the business is gone. So, to give a shot, start spending less time and cost and see how things works with your USP and if you find it working, you will gain more confident and start promoting get more users and make your bank account stuffy. Once you got money you will have many intelligents works for your in your in-house team and then decide if you wanna keep the same source code and start it from the scratch.

I know raising funds with some open source code may difficult, because every investor has a technical team to evaluate what you are selling to them. Its the same in terms of difficulty if you start something from the scratch but failed to attract the investors. So, its all about the unique selling point you are gonna think and apply in....

Regards
    Jay

john.peter, May 14, 2017 IP