1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am looking for eBay alternative to sell my product

Discussion in 'General Business' started by amit kumawat, Aug 28, 2020.

Hi, I am a Seller and looking for an eBay alternative in the US. I reached a lot and found few ones. But confused which one is best?

The ultimate competitors or preferred alternatives to eBay along with the reasons why they have an edge over eBay are explained below.

• TrueGether

• Amazon

• Walmart

• Craigslist

amit kumawat, Aug 28, 2020 IP
  2. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not work with others, just use Amazon, its very stable if you have something special.

enous, Aug 31, 2020 IP
  3. KatyBoo

KatyBoo Peon

Best Answers:
    use amazon , i think its will be best alternative for you .

KatyBoo, Sep 1, 2020 IP
  4. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah Amazon is best alternative to ebay. Depends on what product you are selling.

wildogre, Oct 7, 2020 IP
  5. Junelee

Junelee Peon

Best Answers:
    You can build your own store, Shopify or Woocommerce would be a best option to build your own brand.

Junelee, Oct 13, 2020 IP
  6. inserte

inserte Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is best to build your own website where you can refer all your buyers.

inserte, Oct 13, 2020 IP
  7. Ruben Lopez

Ruben Lopez Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there pal.. as I read You are a seller looking for an Ebay Alternative.
    What are you currently selling?

As the guys from above are suggesting Amazon FBA is a great way to start. Of course it has it's advantages and disadvantages.
    On the advantages side there's:
    • Traffic. Amazon has a lot of traffic every single second.
    • Trust. Amazon already has a well earned reputation
    • Qualify for Amazon Prime: When you are on amazon FBA, all the items you're selling qualify automatically for Amazon Prime Shipping.
    • You Win the Buy Box: This is the box on a product detail page where all your customer can begin purchasing by adding items to their carts. Many of the the sellers selling the same or similar products will compete for this space. When you're using Amazon FBA your chances of wining the Buy Box are over a seller who is self-fulfilled. Your sales could skyrocket with this.
    • Hassle-free logistics and shipping: If you begin selling a lot on Amazon you're setting up at spendind a good chunk of your day packing and shipping items. With FBA you’re outsourcing the entire fulfillment process. This allows you to focus on the most essential parts of your business.
    Now the cons of selling on Amazon:

• It can be a lot more difficult to keep track of your inventory: Once you begin offering hundreds and even thousands of products it’s likely that not all of them will sell as quickly as you wish. Saying that, it can become really challenging to keep track of everything you have, what you need and what are the products you should cut back from. Especially when everything is stored on Amazon's fulfillment centers.
    • You could have an increase in returns: Amazon has it's "easy returns process”. And that is exactly as it sounds, an easy returns process! You can expect your fair share in returns from customers who buy for impulse or even for testing.
    • Amazon FBA isn't at all free: You will have to pay based on how much stock of products they store for you and how long they have to store it. That means you need to understand and know your numbers pretty well.
    • Shipping prep can be complicated: This means you are responsible for delivering your goods to amazon warehouses and this could be a real pain in the ass. Especially considering Amazon’s strict ASIN/UPC system, this means you have to pack and label all of your products individually.
    At the end of the day te decision is yours and yours only. However I believe in knowing the facts before hand so you can make an informed decision.

Have you consider opening a Shopify store? That way you could really build up your brand and start using facebook and google algorithms to scale your business pretty quickly.

Ruben Lopez, Oct 14, 2020 IP
  8. BobbyRyan

BobbyRyan Peon

Best Answers:
    All ideas are good it all depends on what you want to do, how you want to spend and invest. There are pros and cons for both
    Online Establish Store like Ebay Amazon etc
    Pros
    1. Biggest reason biggest traffic source of customer. You have millions of people everyday that visit those establish site
    2. Marketing - All the marketing is basically all done, template pre-made, support etc..
    3. SEO Ready website dont have to spend anything
    4. Tools that can guide you to help you choose your perfect product for promoting/selling
    5. Ready integrated e-cart, shipping etc
    6. In a way advertisement is already been done by those big company, which bring millions of people and increase your chance to sell your product easier versus, if you do it on your own
    7. Can build a steady and stable residual income by selling and being part of their affiliate program
    8. Some provide dropshipping which you can store your inventory at their wharehouse.. in some case fee are involve
    9. and more

Cons

1. Can be pretty costly, has everything comes down with a price, normally with a subscription base or yearly
    2. If your product is not selling you end up spending more then making some
    3. More competitors which might have the same product
    4. If your inventory is store at their warehouse can become costly if you dont sell fast enough
    5. Might have some restriction of what you can do and where you can promote
    6. and more

You own website

Pros
    1. depending on how you build your site, no monthly fee beside your hosting which can be pretty cheap
    2. Design your site the way you want and add anything you want to make it more attractive, but comes with a cost
    3. Keep all of your profit on sale all to you, dont need to pay anything to anyone
    4. More options on how you want product to be paid
    5. Can basically sell anything that you want without much restriction versus online website policies
    6. Nobody know on much product you are selling and your cost want increase because you sold a certain amount of product
    7. Not limited on how many product you can sell, meaning some online site will offer package that could become pretty costly if you want to promote a certain amount of product
    8. If business plan is done properly on marketing, advertising to get people on your site, once it start rolling it is more beneficial that having your own site, but this can take time patient is a virtue on here.

Cons
    1. Time spend
    2. Need to do your own marketing plan
    3. Dont have millions of people reaching out your site everyday like an establish website
    4. Might need to invest and third party add-on
    5. Need to take care of your own shipping
    6. Storage
    7. and more

at the end of the day it all comes down on how you are willing to do and how you want to operate your business. everyone will have his own approach on this.

My approach is why spend in someone else business if i can do it on my own, it will be more profitable if i do it on my own

Bill gates never really work for anyone right if he was able to achieve these goal by starting with a basic software anyone can

But get ready and be prepare you need a basic and understanding on how the online marketing works sometime its better for a newbie to start with an establish business build your database of customer then go on your own

One thing that i forgot to mention CUSTOMER SUPPORT is the number key in this business, if you dont have this, its better that you put your focus on something else without customer support or service, you want surive long .. i think everyone would agree on this, you can be the more expensive one but if you provide the best customer support or service you will still sell more then anyone else .

hope that this help

BobbyRyan, Oct 15, 2020 IP
  9. NicholasRussek

NicholasRussek Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazon is best alternative to ebay!

NicholasRussek, Oct 28, 2020 IP
  10. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bonanza.com is also a good Ebay alternative. I sold quite a bit on there and their traffic is growing all the time.

Good luck!

asmodeus, Oct 30, 2020 IP
  11. brack nelson

brack nelson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    More than a thousand websites are available to sell your product.

But there are few top websites where you can even sell across worldwide, and its best alternative is Amazon

Amazon at the top and one of the most popular even better than eBay.
    It provides a huge customer base where you can sell in most countries.

Amazon always keeps its customer satisfaction at the top, so it’s a great platform to start your product selling.

There are more few websites that are also good Etsy, Walmart, etc.

brack nelson, Nov 6, 2020 IP
  12. cdawson6887

cdawson6887 Member

Best Answers:
    Adding them to all the above mentioned sites would be best for having a wide range of places your product is listed. The best alternative to eBay is going to be amazon. Amazon has the highest traffic out of the rest of them. The good thing is you only have to list your product once, so why not just add them to all high ranking sites?

cdawson6887, Nov 6, 2020 IP
  13. Digibyte

Digibyte Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What exactly is your product?

Digibyte, Nov 20, 2020 IP