1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am looking for an Amazon EAN number...

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Cybertack, Mar 21, 2014.

Hello there people,

For some time now I have been selling stuff on eBay and today I've decided to expand my customer base and start selling on Amazon as well. As I don't have any experience with Amazon at all I would like to see if any of you good people can provide me an EAN number. I do not quite know how to register one and I just want to see how my product will sell before registering any EAN numbers.

Thank you very much in advance and I will highly appreciate your help on this one..

Wish you all the best.

Cybertack, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You only need such a number if your product has not been sold on Amaon before. Unlike eBay, you can "join" an auction for the same product and offer yours, new or used, at whatever price you would like. Do a search for what you are selling and offer it on an existing listing. If you are selling something absolutely unique and it is not an eBook, I believe that you have to get a product code from the US or Europe. In the US, it is called the UPC (Universal Product Code) and you buy a block of them (much like IP addresses) from the licensing agency. Last time I looked, you could get 100 UPC codes for $760 or so. Expensive. I recall the type of number you are mentioning above but for whatever reason did not look into those.

jrbiz, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  3. Luke Sherren

Luke Sherren Active Member

Best Answers:
    you need to know the products barcode to sell it on Amazon Marketplace

Luke Sherren, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  4. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just list your products in the "Everything Else" category and you will not need an EAN or UPC code.

Jameyson MacDonald, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  5. Jordan Barlow

Jordan Barlow Member

Best Answers:
    That's a lot more expensive than I thought. I'm looking to start selling some clothing but the UPC prices would kill me.

Jordan Barlow, Feb 2, 2015 IP