1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am frustrated by this hosting company

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Alevoor, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ZooBHosT

ZooBHosT Peon

Best Answers:
    First rule of web design. Never host your site on your own server. =P
    That way if the hosted sites go down you can blame it on their ISP or local upstream provider while their server is being reinstalled.
    (You will never catch me saying that, or doing that, but I have heard and seen it happen before)

ZooBHosT, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  2. gate2vn

gate2vn Peon

Best Answers:
    In fact, I know many hosts rent a server from another vendor to host their sites. They do not host their sites in the same facilities with customers, because if there is anything happens, customers can still contact them. The downtime is happening, whichever datacenter is

gate2vn, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  3. ZooBHosT

ZooBHosT Peon

Best Answers:
    In all seriousness I do agree with you on that one. With my employer we don't host our website on the same server as our client's server. Instead we have a dedicated Blade server setup to handle just the host site (in order to keep it healthy and running 24/7/365)

ZooBHosT, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  4. qualityhostings

qualityhostings Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, manashosting is telling , they are the top3 hosting provider in India. They will be having at least 5 servers.

I said the same thing also, that you guys are telling (against me). manashosting is hosting their main site on GoDaddy because their own dedicated server go down frequently , ( telling from my own experience, I have had a 2GB shared windows hosting(because I dont have windows servers) with them before 2 years). So, their dedicated servers are going down frequently, thats why they moved their main site to godaddy.

The most funny part I saw was that, They put the host-tracker and siteuptime logo, with 99.9% uptime report on their main site!! Actually the uptime report was for their main site, which is hosted on godaddy server.

Also, the support staffs are not professionals , when we ask some serious questions, they will give some numbers and are tell us to call for an answer.

Before many months, they offered unlimited package for Rs2000 per year, I asked the server configuration.
    The sales/support guy dont even know the server configuration. I asked about the hard disk .After 1 hr, he answered me it is 100GB hard disk. I still dont know who make 100gb hard disk for manashosting.

Another thing, I purchased a windows hosting before 2 year. I paid only for a year, but the package and all the files are still there, I can access control panel still now. They dont even have a record of their customers and packages.

qualityhostings, Feb 13, 2008 IP