1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am done with RegisterFly - I need something new

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Phynder, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just a tip: see if all your domains are at your account, or if any of them is at the expired list, even if it's expiration date is far away...

Coupons, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  2. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is why i stick with godaddy for all this time, I think they are the only ones to do the job for me. I think they are also very dependable , and the only one that advertises on tv :).

redz, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  3. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using namecheap, domainsite, godaddy and may be some more, don't remember now.. but paying $7.99 per .info's is quite a lot, so I still buy them registerfly.. their service is not the best, but heh.. for that price I don't really expect much lol

DomainMagnate, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  4. adaum

adaum Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as the funds go... I never put funds into my account there - pay using my debit card - that way I do not have funds there to loose... this is the money they have not refunded... but in any event, the upside - I was able to change the admin contact on a bunch of the domains and move them to godaddy.

Now... one of them that I really want to move does not even show up as I own it - nowhere to be found. Not under expired... soon to expire or current... nothing. Asked them about that one yesterday... figure it will show up by next monday - maybe.

Not much I can really say about them that has not already been said.

Andrew

adaum, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  5. webspider2005

webspider2005 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I registered several domain names with Registerfly. So far I have not experienced any problem. The reason why I chose Registerfly is that it's one of the few domain name registrars which makes use of Stormpay and egold as payment processors on top of the conventional payment processors.

webspider2005, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  6. wkd

wkd Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I prefer an enom reseller account. The interface is a bit ugly but I don't have to put up with ads, and the prices are only a bit more than the cheap registrars like Registerfly.

wkd, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  7. rakeback

rakeback Peon

Best Answers:
    Amen. I have also been using Registerfly for years, and been having the same problems. Their pages have always been terribly slow to load, support is slow, and I have been charged several times for services that I did not get. And only got a refund after bugging their support.

I will move all of my domains away soon. But I will not try GoDaddy after reading this story:
    http://digg.com/technology/GoDaddy_Blackmailing_Their_Customers_for_$199_"]http://digg.com/technology/GoDaddy_Blackmailing_Their_Customers_for_$199_

rakeback, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  8. Moon-Raker

Moon-Raker Peon

Best Answers:
    NameCheap.com is a fantastic Registrar. Highly recommended.
    Namecheap is a blueprint for how all registrars should be. :)

Moon-Raker, May 30, 2006 IP