1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am done with RegisterFly - I need something new

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Phynder, Feb 15, 2006.

I have used RegisterFly for years - too many years. I have put up with the slow web site (waiting 2 minutes to refresh a page), the slow and degraded customer service (used to have live operators online to discuss support issues, now - 24-72 wait for email support) and now they just wiped all my DNS records. Why? Because they are "consolidating" or something or other.

Okay - I could care less about expense! Please recommend someone who can do their job correctly. If it is $30 a year per domain - fine - just as long as I have no problems. And I mean no problems. I am sick of hearing about low-cost registration - I want service.

Thanks!!

Phynder, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  2. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Years ago I used them once as well never to go back to their crappy service as well. Not to mention they illegally charged me for services I never used. Anyhow I have moved on since then. I use Onlinenic to register all of my domains.

guru-seo, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
  4. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome. I got some input from other forums and decided to move several domains over to GoDaddy to see how it is there. I just did the transfer request and so far so good.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Phynder, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  5. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    My problem with goDaddy was being forced to go through page after page of advertisements to get anything done. I have been very happy with an enom.com reseller account.

mhdoc, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  6. Phynder

Best Answers:
    At least the pages load at GoDaddy! I have three internet connections - T1/cable modem/DSL - RegisterFly would time out on ALL of them when I would try to do something, so it isn't just me... I will take a couple of ads - but thanks for the warning.

Phynder, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  7. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    I too use GoDaddy. If you pay attention to the link, you can bypass all those offers and go straight to theckout.

Greg-J, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  8. muchacho

muchacho Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Moniker.com is what you are looking for.

muchacho, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  9. Phynder

Best Answers:
    I will look at them if GoDaddy does not work out. Thanks!

Phynder, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  10. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    Funnily enough, I'm going through the exact same problems with Registerfly right now. Purchased a domain renewal 5 days ago, and the domain wasn't renewed. I've sent customer service requests each day for the last 3 days, but not response.

I'll be transferring all of my domains out too.

I use godaddy and have never had a problem with them. But lots of people have, see:
    http://www.threadwatch.org/node/5542
    which includes problems of our own Shoemoney.

Michael Gray hads the same experiences and provides some recommendations.
    http://www.wolf-howl.com/?p=121

onlinedude, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  11. Phynder

Best Answers:
    No question onlinedude - no place is going to be perfect, but as you are experiencing - RegisterFly has degraded to the point of uselessness (a word?).

I am sorry you are having the same problems at RegisterFly, but it makes me feel better about moving on. We will see how GoDaddy works out.

Phynder, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  12. kavinga

kavinga Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My domains are all registered at Godaddy. it's now more then 5 years I have been with Godaddy. I thinks Godaddy will works for u. try it. :)

kavinga, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  13. theoverpass

theoverpass Peon

Best Answers:
    I have considered moving from registerfly to godaddy as well, but I just hate being upsold. I registered my first domain with godaddy last week and they called me on the phone trying to upsell, I was pretty annoyed.

theoverpass, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  14. Phynder

Best Answers:
    Ever try to get RegisterFly on the phone?

Did the person who called you from GoDaddy speak english?

GoDaddy can try and upsell me any day - as long as they don't wipe my DNS records and leave me hanging!

BTW - try and go to www.phynder.com - huh, still not found? Yeah - that is RegisterFly's fault...

Phynder, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  15. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might give Enom.com a try. Been using them for many years and never had any problems (registrations, transfer, push names, whois, etc..). You can also get phone support if you sign up as a reseller.

I have also heard some good things about Fabulous.com. Prices are not bad, and the interface I think is the best part.

Phoenix, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  16. peterstannard

peterstannard Peon

Best Answers:
    Namecheap.com

peterstannard, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  17. adaum

adaum Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been hassling with the Fly for a couple months now.

I am currently trying to move some names from them to godaddy... but in RF move - they have themselves set up as the admin contact on everyones domains (say everyone - everyone I know who has names there).

They have not credited me back money from failed renewals - can't move the domains - just a bunch of idiots... and it is beyond out of hand at the moment.

I've been using them for years without a hitch... heard others a few months back saying I better get out of there... thought they were exaggerating the issues - now I realize they were understating them.

Andrew

adaum, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  18. Phynder

Best Answers:
    Amen - I had the same experience. Some slight problems, but nothing like this month...

Phynder, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  19. stuartc1

stuartc1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was about to post a thread like this, but I see Im not alone with my registerfly problems.

I paid for 3 years of renewals, the domain is now on a holding page and I cannot update the DNS for it. I've been trying to get support for almost 2 weeks with no luck. Im about to loose a domain I've owned for next to 6 years because of these idiots.

The funny thing (well not actually funny, but.) is my domain name is actually sitting with enom - it appears registerfly are enom resellers for certain domain extentions (.co.uk in this case). Perhaps I'll look at enom and see if they can give me my domain back.

Im a little shocked that so many people are experiencing the same problems - I was reading in some other forum earlier a thread much like this.

My only problem right now is I dont have the cash to move over 60 domains to a new registrar :( unless there are any good ones which do it for free?

stuartc1, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  20. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Registerfly can have low prices, but take forever to respond to a ticket. I noticed shareasale who handles their affiliate program has a "low funds" notation on their account. It might be that they are having some problems right now. I don't think they give refunds for failed transfers, but rather give you a credit which is supposed to be applied to a future purchase.

mjewel, Feb 21, 2006 IP