1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback I am done with DP way to many scammers

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by lvllcbl, Aug 16, 2010.

So I went to buy something from someone with good Itrader and I got scammed out of $300 I lost so much money on DP its not even funny. Now I had enough of it and I am done. Have fun getting scammed!!!! :mad:

lvllcbl, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  2. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's nice, would you like fries with that?

Buyer beware.

bk871, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Did you dispute the transaction with the payment processor? Seems like that would be the logical thing to do.

digitalpoint, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  4. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh man, if I got $300 lying around, I would be drinking beer in a bar far-far away from DP

:rolleyes:

fastreplies

fastreplies, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  5. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Like they always say, it pays to know who you are dealing with! For $300 that is. :D

Grimm, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  6. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got scammed $550 on eBay and I still use it regularly.. It's not DP's fault you got scammed.

Stingerftw, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  7. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you share username and PayPal ID of the member who scammed you?

Serious Workers, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  8. Valineo

Valineo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Stingerftw, DP is not the one to blame for your problem... but the thing is, there is a way to much scammers around here, much more than what I've seen on any other board, but hey, that's the way it is... learn that and live with that...

Valineo, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  9. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a very good idea, but Shawn has given you the best solution that may solve your problem! Also leave negative feedback.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
    Stingerftw, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  10. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ditto!!
    And, also reveal the user ID of that person(s) here.

Abhik, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  11. Serious Workers

Best Answers:
    Of course it is the best idea provided by the Shawn. But, as per my experience every scammer here on DP have duplicate account and when you search there PayPal ID around you would easily find his another accounts ;)

Serious Workers, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  12. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that you were ripped off by a DP member but that’s the only thing that DP had to do with it.

It’s understandable that you are mad but DP isn’t just a platform for doing transactions so just chill and try and be more careful who you deal with in the future.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Aug 18, 2010 IP
    Grimm likes this.
  13. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Dealers should really do a background check on the people that they're dealing with. DP won't be held responsible if you've been scammed. You're the one who made deals with a scammer so deal with it.

Grimm, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  14. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    "I am done with life, way too much bull$#!^" -- same attitude.
    "attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching?"

Hey, if we cross you with some grass seeds, will we get emo grass that cuts itself?

It's great to vent and all, and yeah I was there once too, full of negative energy and unable to balance it... Then I started thinking... Wait a minute... If I try to barter for a cigarette and end up stuck with a butt smoke rolled in a rolling machine that cost me $2.... Well it's no different than paying for, say, a $2 article that never gets written.... Actually it's worse, cause I'll probably figure it out while smoking the cigarette and spend the next hour trying to get the gross taste out of my mouth and the following two hours trying to erase the thought that I just did that.... Or go into a store buy some stuff, get my change, go home, realize 2 hours later that I was shorted $10 in change.... was it an accident...? I know that punk lives up the road and always stops to pick out the empties out of my trash can, so it might not have been.... etc... or how about the used car salesmen? Heck, even the NEW car sales can be a nightmare.... Ever worked construction? I have, ran my own crews too.. Dealt with workers, dealt with homeowners, property managers, GC's (the boss subcontracting you the job) etc... Ran into lifer's, drug addicts, had my nail gun pointed in my face by the guy working for me, refusing to give me the keys to MY truck, and claiming he bought the nail gun that has my company initials on it... yeah.... ok... Or how about the contractor subbing to me that turned out he was growing weed in his basement owned by the town council (he rented) and hanging out with crack heads and crack dealers, while I paid the workers, paid for materials/expenses, and got shafted with not even gas money to take my kid to school the next day, cause he went and blew all his money on growing supplies and soil...
    How about getting jumped in an ally and mugged? Or conned out of your house and home? It happens... all the time...

$300 is less than you'd pay for books, never-mind tuition for post secondary.... It's a small price to pay, to really make you pay attention to your choices, cause only you are responsible for what happens to you in your life.... No matter what else happens around us, there is nobody else with any actual control over it, but you.
    /end rant

xInd, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  15. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dp can offer you nothing but sympathy

laxman363, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  16. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sympathy for what? My examples of offline situations that happen all over the place all the time? The things people do every day around the world, are much worse than sitting at your computer playing virtual but real web 2.0 monopoly, and suffering a $300 loss. I am the one who now has sympathy for those who post (or speak or yell or whatever) angry flaming stuff... It just perpetuates their own problem, contributes to what they are complaining about..... I try not to say it with a heavy hand or whatever, as we all have to go through life our own way, learn in our own time and methods, etc... I used to be horrible with my communication and anger seeping through it in my personal life and work. Live, learn, grow, work together, be positive. Goes a lot farther than venting and complaining. Some people say venting is a healthy way to relieve stress, well ok sometimes in some situations and ways.... but most of the time it is just perpetuating the negative energy and re-affirming your cycle of dysfunctional control over your own self. At least I'm aware now. Being aware, knowing the path, is not the same as walking the path, and living it... That's pretty much the quest/purpose/secret to life, and why we're here.. really...
    So you sympathize me because I'm enlightened... or? Forget the negative emotions. Feel proud, happy, etc, instead.

xInd, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  17. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you got me wrong.dp has its limitations.it looks like they have banned the person who has scamed you.thats all dp can do.dp cant just issue a wild search for that guy.its not a police.:).but if you are saying that scam is very much habitual on dp then i think you are an exception.you see if the guy who scammmed you was fastreplies then his reputation is good and his itrader is also great.not only you anyone could have been fooled you see.the system is effective in preventing regular scams and the cheat he didi to you must have taken a long time to implement by the scammer.

laxman363, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  18. Serious Workers

Best Answers:
    The reason for banning a user is not because he/she has scammed. The reason is he/she broke DP's rule. DP do not get involve in any of the disputes between members.

Serious Workers, Aug 19, 2010 IP