1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am banned for these sites shocking

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by powerboss, Jun 2, 2008.

1. trunion

trunion Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems to me you could call Google, just start calling any numbers you can find, you should eventually find a human to talk to.

Also just wandering did you have to remove the code , or did you have to ? What a pain that would be . Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

trunion, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  2. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very bad, please contact Google and explain, I hope the case will be reconsider. Good luck

Lovely, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  3. dezinerite

dezinerite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do know what I'm talking about. It's about this guy who was banned from Adsense because his traffic shot up (so Google assumed he was up to fraudulent activities and banned him from Adsense).

The person appealed, and after some email exchanges he was able to get his account reactivated. I'll try to find the link later today, but I'm surprised you never heard of such cases.

If I'm not mistaken, there are more than one person who's published their appeal letters online.

I'm not questioning Google Adsense, in fact I'm a big fan (thumbsup to them). No doubt they're only protecting their advertisers, and they've got every right to prioritize doing that. But once in a while, the publishers are not at fault.

dezinerite, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  4. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    With those kinds of numbers I'm surprised you are dropping the websites, promoting some affiliate products or using a CPA network could bring in some nice cash for that.

Gallito, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  5. dezinerite

dezinerite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ ORZ- here's the link I sort of promised you earlier. I suppose it's you who didn't know what you were talking about. :p http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/10351.htm

*The OP might find this useful as well. Re: Cases where Google Adsense reinstated their accounts.

dezinerite, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  6. BOG

BOG Peon

Best Answers:
    He obviously got banned for violating the ToS. It has nothing to do with traffic increase.

Copyrighted Material
    Website publishers may not display Google ads on web pages with content protected by copyright law unless they have the necessary legal rights to display that content. Please see our DMCA policy for more information.

He has three web pages stuffed with celebrity images and music videos that he does not own the rights to. On top of that, he has no content, so they are MFA sites. Nothing shocking here. He should of read the ToS.

BOG, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  7. quicksilver101

quicksilver101 Peon

Best Answers:

Exactly - This guy deserves to be banned. Anyone who doesn't see this will probably end up down the same route!

He has sites with copied material - MOSTY IMAGES! - No actual quality content. (.."adsense for content"..)

Oh - he's also providing a service to give other webmasters links... Un-natural and totally against what Google wants. Arg.. Rant over.

quicksilver101, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  8. powerboss

powerboss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply.

powerboss, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  9. powerboss

powerboss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply. I hope that google will look into my appeal.

Brother there is no copyright issues here. These are free to use images. If i did not follow DMCA policy i would have been banned 2 years ago not now.

If you are talking about copyright law, then there should be over 50% sites in this world with google adsense which have to be banned.

Plz understand this is about invalid clicks not copyrights. And i am not doing anything wrong here.

My sites dont have any latest copyrighted images all are old ones. And for the second site there are a few images with celeb biographies.

powerboss, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  10. kenbrower

kenbrower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google didn't become the biggest site in the world by implementing bad policies - if you truly didn't cheat, then file an appeal, and you'll be reinstated.

kenbrower, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  11. Daoteo

Daoteo Peon

Best Answers:
    Some advertisers have to pay lots of money per click to publishers that cheat their way around. Advertisers complain, Google takes action.

Daoteo, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  12. powerboss

powerboss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone believe traffic for my site www.celebritycores.com is down from 1000 U/Vs to 100-150. Its down only after i sent an appeal to google with traffic proofs.

powerboss, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  13. matttiya88

matttiya88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try this..
    If Google bans the adsense accounts,this is mainly due to invalid clicks.
    such as
    - If you click on your own adds
    - If you tell to your friends about your website Google adds
    - If you open your adsense account at different ip addresses
    These are a few reasons why many adsense accounts are banning from Google.
    How to regain your adsense account:

Step 1:
    Email Google - You can do this either by replying to the notification mail or using their online form.

As far as the contents of your emails:

o Remain Nice. Rather then going into a rant on how they can’t do this or they are being unfair, remember that they are the ones that will reinstate you so kiss a bit of butt. Use phrases like “I realize that click fraud is a real issue facing AdWords Advertisers” and “I have full respect for your program and would never violate the TOS”
    o Don’t Threaten Legal Action. This is a biggie because as soon as you say “I am going to sue you”, they pass your account off to the legal department who file it away awaiting your lawsuit. So unless you have already sent the paperwork, don’t even mention the word lawsuit
    o Offer Anything You Can. This is most commonly logs but it can also include emails, letters or screenshots. Basically make the offers and be sure to let them know “If you need anything, Please let me know”
    o Check the Grammar and Spelling. So many people put 10 seconds into their letters and not only are they difficult to understand, they severely hurt your credibility. Right or wrong, Google may think “If this guy/girl can’t take the time to properly write an email that decides the fate of their account, are they really the type of Publisher we want?”.

Step 2:
    Prepare Documentation - If you think your ban was due to a jump in traffic, put together your logs and burn them on to CD as a backup to your server. If there is a reason for the traffic, try to get a letter from the refferer. In my case I wrote to the Radio Show and they provided a letter explaining the whole situation and gave their contact information.

Step 3:
    Don’t Give Up - Develop a regular schedule of emailing Google. Try to always save a few pieces of information so that you are able to send an email each day. It can take anywhere between 5-30 days for a human review which is what your goal is here. If you give up after 2 days, don’t expect a response.

Step 4:
    Don’t Post About Your Experiences Publicly - A human review takes time so posting to a forum with all your details can only hurt your case for reinstatement.

In my case, I received a lot of this advise from others who I respected and had been in the same situation. For my account it actually worked and not only did I get the account back but all back monies were reinstated.

So if your account has been banned and you firmly believe you did not violate the TOS, there is hope. I have spoken to probably around 20 people who were banned in similar circumstances and every single one got their accounts back with full reinstatement of funds.

Best of Luck!!:D

matttiya88, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  14. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    email them, don't give up if you really have done nothing wrong ;)

good luck

Brandon Sheley, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  15. findthatout

findthatout Guest

Best Answers:
    Does one actually think that Google actually investigates EACH case/website on a CASE-by-CASE basis? Not likely. They would be up to their armpits in this kind of thing if they did. So, they MIGHT investigate if they alr eady banned, IF you appeal it.

But I get the feeling they ban people based on suspicion alone.

findthatout, Jun 19, 2008 IP