1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am a student. Is learning PHP good for future?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by bnbn1382, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Martin K

Martin K Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why I'm not a millionaire then ? :D

PHP is a great language for web you can do everything with it without any exceptions. If you thing to learn programming for web PHP is a must.

Martin K, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  2. ThomasTwen

ThomasTwen Peon

Best Answers:
    The web is the future - it will certainly not harm to learn PHP. And even if websites become less important, learning a second programming language becomes easier. So yes, you should do it.

ThomasTwen, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  3. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Peon

Best Answers:
    Learning PHP will definitely be a plus.

Brandon_R, Oct 25, 2009 IP
  4. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PHP is a great programming language to learn, however, PHP alone is pretty worthless in industry. Generally looking at job advertisements, employers look for PHP, ASP, VB, MySQL. It can vary depending on the job type but as you see it's not just PHP alone. Take a look at job advertisements... Rates of pay, skills needed etc.

scottlpool2003, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  5. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is a good idea, but learn some AJAX with it in honesty... AJAX is the way forward at the moment

Grit., Oct 29, 2009 IP
  6. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    U Are rite but then perfect it first and then shift sometimes u feel to learn everything together and the end up learning ntn

Bohra, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  7. Om ji Kesharwani

Om ji Kesharwani Peon

Best Answers:
    You should go with PHP coz you can get alot of online help if u choose php.
    whereas in other case like aspx or jsp there are not so much support present on the net.
    And if u know one you can easly catch another one.

Om ji Kesharwani, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  8. CodedCaffeine

CodedCaffeine Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is a great (and difficult) language to master. Like you, I started learning programming languages when I was your age. Currently, PHP has benefited me greatly! Though, there isn't a project I've done that has involved "only PHP". I'd recommend learning HTML and CSS if you go with the PHP route.

One way I started to learn PHP was by reading people's source code projects, and how they did certain methods. Great places to see these are popular scripts like Wordpress, Joomla!, Drupal, etc.. It also helped me learn a project when I got myself in a project wayy over my head. I ended up developing a CMS for my school at the age of 15-16, which never finished (aside the point), but it was the project that I learned the most and got to where I am. I've only improved since.

I'm currently a PHP developer for a company, and PHP continues to be a popular (and well supported) programming language.

Hope that helps!

CodedCaffeine, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  9. anthonywebs

anthonywebs Banned

Best Answers:
    Ahh... A student me... PHP is definatley worth learning, I made a few hundred bucks doing php

anthonywebs, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  10. bnbn1382

bnbn1382 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do have a lot of good ideas, and since I do not know how to code, I kept it myself. Turns out to be, 4 years after, Facebook now features that kind of "method" I have been thinking all the time. I've talked to some local guy for help, he told me it is impossible, but I have researched and knew it was possible. Only if I knew PHP lol.

My question to everyone is that like when Engineering was a such a boom long ago, it isn't going that well for engineers now.

Will internet industry turn out that way, because there are so many people on it?

bnbn1382, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  11. djoy123

djoy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well man knowledge is always worth for your future and especially PHP and all as they are of very important . if you learn to code nicely you can get good amount of work and make good earning . Further you can do free lancing also . So gaining more and more Knowledge never hurts .

djoy123, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  12. Kaizoku

Kaizoku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every languge has it's pros and cons. php is good for web. c++ good for games. c good for performance. perl/python good for cli and java for everything else etc.

Kaizoku, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  13. caciocode

caciocode Peon

Best Answers:
    I think PHP is a very good language for any website developer to know.

caciocode, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  14. jitu.icfai

jitu.icfai Peon

Best Answers:
    w3school.com from you can learn the php ...

jitu.icfai, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  15. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's like learning any skill you can do anything with it, if you dream of the next big thing like facebook for example then you can program it all by yourself and not have to have others doing the work for you.

Seqqa, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  16. Dennis M.

Dennis M. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry mods, I did not realize this thread was so old until I looked at the original post date. I saw it toward the top of the list and responded. My apologies for thread resurrection.

Regards,
    Dennis M.

Dennis M., Aug 21, 2010 IP
  17. uabclst

uabclst Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you know C then you know a lot of php. Then there's php specific stuff like passing variables between pages etc. I'm in IM and not so much involved in development but now and then you need to get in and tweak a few things. That's when it's good to know a little about php. Tips: I stumbled over golabs . com (Mastering PHP). It's a php interpreter where you can easily test small php scripts, combined with lessons to learn php. It's not free ($50) though. I found it pretty nice but a little expensive as all lessons are not complete yet (I'm not in any way affiliated with the product).

uabclst, Aug 22, 2010 IP