1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I add text to my index page in wp-admin which doesn't appear

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by dinrock, Oct 22, 2016.

I add text to my homepage (see screenshot) but it does not appear after I hit UPDATE button. Why? See red arrows pointing to text I want to appear on my homepage.....zilch. I always read wp was supposed to be the premiere editor for web designers....seems to be more of a pain than anything....PS: text with red arrows pointing to it, should be on homepage in my signature below

Attached Files:

dinrock, Oct 22, 2016 IP
  2. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That only time I had this kind of error was when my home page was also the posts page, the posts would show and not any content I added to the page like that.
    Any page that has the posts will not show additional content.

Under Settings --> Reading you will have a choice at the top for Front page displays : with either latest posts or static page.

You can also check what is what on your page list with bold print after the page name telling you which page has the latest posts.

- Front Page and - Posts Page
    If they are the same posts win over content added via the editor.

wordplucker, Oct 23, 2016 IP
  3. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looking at your screen shot, try hit "Purge from cache" link on the right hand sidebar.

Your site seems to be using W3 Total Cache plugin, so probably your home page is cached and still showing the cached page instead of the updated one.

Just a guess.

th.sigit, Oct 23, 2016 IP
  4. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks, I am aware of emptying cache and it isn't that. See one of my category pages here. Before, my category pages never allowed text to appear on those pages until I added a snippet of CSS to my site. Now those pages allow text. I am trying to figure out if there is a line of CSS I can use to force my wordpress editor to show text on the home page now. There must be something but can't find it and all wordpress people don't know a thing about how to do this....I am still looking

dinrock, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  5. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a big fan of wordpress and many wordpress themes myself, but anyways ..

If a CSS snippet solved that problem, it means that Wordpress had output the text but the theme had hidden it somehow (display: none; or width: 0; or left: -2000px, etc). But the text is there. As for your home page, I checked the source and looked for this string "cartoons can be licensed" (assuming it is still there), but there is none. So the text is never output either by server or Wordpress.

This can also happen when people are using a page builder for the homepage --the page builder sometimes disregards whatever content we put into the edit page. But probably it isn't that.

So, to dig a little more, how do you build your front-page. Do you use your own front-page.php or (unlikely) a page builder? If you use your own front-page.php, did you call the output of the_content within that template?

Sorry I can not be of a little more help. A nice site, and a nice theme btw.

th.sigit, Oct 25, 2016 IP