1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hypothetical with an adsense question.

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Croms Bones, Sep 16, 2013.

Although it is unrecommended, lets say you have a successful blog that focuses on multiple, unrelated subjects (ex: wrestling, gaming, reviews, fiction). The blog accumulated a tidy following based on sharp writing, frequent updates and good design. It seems ready to utilize some advertisements.

Does adsense allow you to select specific ads to attach to certain articles...like a board game review with board game ads? A wrestling article- wrestling merchandise ads?

I've read plenty of adsense, but this one detail has alluded me.

Any help?
    Croms Bones, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  2. thepunk

thepunk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense will automatically show the ads which would be best suited for the visitor viewing your article and not any particular ads.

Regards
    thepunk, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  3. doktu

doktu Member

Best Answers:
    Google for adsense chooses for you / dictates which ads to post on ua site. This is based on the niche. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    doktu, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  4. Croms Bones

Croms Bones Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Can you tell me if Adsense applies the ads to the subject of the article- or to the blog itself? I ask, because again, if the blog covers multiple, unrelated topics, I could see how a wrestling t-shirt ad on a board game review wouldn't be ideal.
    Croms Bones, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  5. Lokahi

Lokahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best solution for making Adsense show ads related to your blog is to concentrate on keywords, both in title and content. That doesn't mean you should keyword stuff, but make it a priority to target your title, post and tags to those keywords. Then your Adsense will show ads for the content on the page, rather than generic ads relating to the theme of your blog.
    Lokahi, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  6. Croms Bones

Croms Bones Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks again.

On pictures... I have read about being careful with using pictures from the web, licenses, ect, that you can get sued for using a picture without permission. What I don't understand is how there are so many major, successful blogs (cracked, many video game blogs) that seem to use hundreds, if not thousands of pictures that are obviously not their own. Am I to believe that they went out and got permission for each and every one of those pictures?

Along with that...as a rule, if I take a picture of something with my camera- regardless of what it is that becomes my property to use without worry? What of I take a picture of a piece of artwork? What would be the difference between using the original image and using the picture I took of that image?
    Croms Bones, Sep 19, 2013 IP