1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hypothetical Domain Question

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Henny, Feb 14, 2006.

What would you do?

Lets say you have a company "Acclaim Insurance" and your domain name is Acclaim.com.

Now you have had this domain for 5 years done some decent SEO, rank in the 40's for google for the term "Car Insurance", you are a pr4 and are DMOZ listed.

Along comes the oppurtunity to purchase the domain name insurance.com, and you buy it. Insurance.com is not listed in dmoz and is a pr 3

Your primary objective is to get listed for "Car Insurance" as high as possible in all SE's

What do you do?

A) Nothing
    B) Redirect insurance.com to acclaim.com
    C) Redirect acclaim.com to insurance.com

Henny, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  2. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    D ..

Build a nice quality content website on the insurance.com domain, and link to my initial company website, from all over the place (to individual pages of the acclaim.com domain, to the index )

Etc :)

Cristian Mezei, Feb 14, 2006 IP
    Henny likes this.
  3. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought about that, but wouldn't C give me more?

Henny, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  4. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO, not even close. You will have two websites, in the D case, so why don't you profit on them both ?

Cristian Mezei, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  5. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    I geuss the reason is the Acclaim.com gets 1000 visitors per month, but the keyword insurance gets 50000 searches per month... That and I sell a product so I should not have used a services model...

maybe better to think of it as acclaim.com makes and sells widgets, and widgets.com has just fallen into acclaim's lap.

Henny, Feb 14, 2006 IP