1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hyphenated .com over .net ?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by dcristo, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Wai_Wai

Wai_Wai Peon

Best Answers:
    The best bid is to purchase both non-hyphenated and hyphenated domain anmes (if possible). Otherwiseyou amy think of either living with it or pick antohr name.

Sometimes, although not common, when a visitor recall "goodact.com", it may happen to type hyphenated ones, ie good-act.com (It will become more common when hyphenated URLs are prevailing).

Wai_Wai, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  2. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    And do you think they will prevail? Just today I was trying to remember the url of big boards, and first I tried: bigboards.com ; then I tried bigboard.com ; and only then I tried big-boards.com , which was the right one.

Coupons, Sep 24, 2005 IP
  3. Wai_Wai

Wai_Wai Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure at least I know someone do the reverse.
    Anyway nothing is absolute. Different people vary although the chance is not equally distributed.

Probably it may not prevail, but I'm pretty sure to say hyphenated names will become more common than that of in the past.

Some companys like no-ip use hyphenated names too.

Wai_Wai, Sep 24, 2005 IP
  4. scott.symbiotic.com

scott.symbiotic.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I buy the Hyphenated .com over the .net every time for many of the same reasons mentioned here. It does help with your serp and it will also give you a slight advantage to help you pull the right adsense keywords when you start a new website. I also like how it makes it easier for people to read and more than likely they are find your site from a link not type in so it really doesn't matter how long it is any more.

scott.symbiotic.com, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  5. MIkeBlack

MIkeBlack Peon

Best Answers:
    $xxx range

MIkeBlack, Feb 16, 2006 IP