1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hyperlinking in Blog Posts

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by JohnB2223, Dec 17, 2017.

I have a question about best hyperlinking practices.

So for my blog, I do a lot of research from organizations such as the CDC and Mayoclinic. What I often find is that, since the CDC contains such a plethora of useful information, I hyperlink to it A TON. I end up using information from the same CDC page if I am writing about, say autism, all over my blog post, from the introductory paragraph to the 6th paragraph. I might even start a sentence with information from the Mayoclinic, and end it with information from the CDC!

So the issue I run into is that I am not sure what the policy is on how often I need to hyperlink to sources such as the CDC, especially when I might use information all over my blog post that is from just one page on the CDC's website. I want to give credit to the CDC, but I also don't want to overdo it with hyperlinking to the same exact page.

If you are unclear as to how the issue might look, here is an example of a more research-based blog post

So how would I go about hyperlinking this short excerpt as I use information from the same CDC page in three sentences in both paragraphs? And, as mentioned earlier, I keep running into this problem of using one resource over and over again throughout my blog post but being unsure of how to hyperlink it!

JohnB2223, Dec 17, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd either hyperlink the first time you use a specific page or I'd note the source as you have done and have a list of ref links at the bottom.

Much depends on the length of the article, the number of pages it spans and the "authority" on the subject that you have. From your excerpt it looks like you do a bit of research and fact checking rather than just regurgitating info so you are probably fine doing it the way you are.

sarahk, Dec 17, 2017 IP
  3. imkingcash

imkingcash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, if you post the CDC as a source at the bottom of your page, you can give the option to the reader to do some digging.

imkingcash, Jan 7, 2018 IP