1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hungry For Traffic Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Skcidnivek, Jan 27, 2008.

Hi. I'm looking for ways to bring more traffic to my blog and I'd like to draw on the expertise of members here. I have a blog up at kevindicks.com.

I designed it myself, I've been doing web design for about ten years but just got into SEO and the like. I have incorporated Meta tags. I have an rss feed which I ping the major feed readers with every time I update. I submit every update to about 30 different social bookmarking sites. I post bulletins on Myspace and post to Facebook every time I update. I have my blog listed at Technorati, and I have two other blogs, one at Livejournal, and one at Blogger, to which I post a link to my latest blog on my site every time I make a new post. Many of my posts come up on the first Google page when my keywords are searched, so I think I'm solid there.

I'm currently getting about 100 unique hits per day. I'm wondering if anyone can offer me suggestions for getting more free traffic to my site. Any webrings that you have had success at? Any other suggestions for getting free traffic? I'm trying not to have to resort to using adwords, as I'd hate to pay for traffic that doesn't bring me a return.

Any suggestions are very very welcome.

Skcidnivek, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  2. Wolfolus

Wolfolus Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I think that everyone here will agree that there are thousends of traffic generation methods out there - we can't really tell you all this here. You just need to search for them. Try Google, read the major seo and webmaster related blogs, participate as much as you can in forums like this (you'll find ideas you have never thinked of), set an rss reader and put every intereesting feed you find. Just teach yourself.

If I have to tell you just one method it will deffinetely be the networking. The Networking is power! Try to make friends in your niche! Network with tham. Create connections. Participate in their communities. You'll be amazed how much traffic will come from their blogs once they know you well and trust you. But don't be a selfish person. Link to them. Send them as much traffic as you can! The returns will be more then you expect - I promise you!

Good Luck with the promotion mate! :)

Wolfolus, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  3. Skcidnivek

Skcidnivek Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I've literally spent days on Google doing searches. Your networking suggestion is very encouraging. I have begun to do that, and it's good to know that I should stick with it.

Skcidnivek, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  4. emoneyclub

emoneyclub Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree networking is a great tool. The relationships that you develop while doing it will do nothing but help in anything you do. It helps generate buzz.

emoneyclub, Jan 27, 2008 IP