1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hundreds of clicks, no sales

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by randykougher, Jun 5, 2008.

1. justcrack

justcrack Peon

Best Answers:
    NCMedia
    thanks for your tips,reputation added too.

justcrack, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  2. charter

charter Guest

Best Answers:
    Ditto!

Anyone know of good companies that would help manage campaigns and know what they are doing? It might be worth paying a company if they could make you money.

charter, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  3. BOG

BOG Peon

Best Answers:

Why would you pay them? Just do it yourself.

BOG, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  4. LarryMac

LarryMac Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a numbers game and somtimes you have to experiment with different products

LarryMac, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  5. crerem

crerem Peon

Best Answers:
    you have the minimum traffic- if you manage to double this numbers you will see some money (if you have the right audience)

crerem, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  6. charter

charter Guest

Best Answers:
    would pay them to leverage my time for more programs.

charter, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  7. xmartel

xmartel Active Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you might be doing something wrong, $300 is a lot to spend with no sales.

xmartel, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  8. randykougher

randykougher Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great post NCMedia. Well i FINALLY made my first sale but it didn't happen till i spent over $600 on Adwords! I started off with only two programs that dont' convert well and was using pretty broad keywords so that really rung up my tab. Since I've already poured a lot of money into those and the commissions for them are high if I do make a sale, I'm continuing with them but have tweaked the campaigns a lot. I've since added a few other programs and am using very targeted keywords and ads (Click through rate = 3-5% for each). So far I'm still way in the red but learning a lot and seeing that some programs just do not convert well at all and others may convert pretty well but the cost of Adwords versus the commission does not justify it. Also, I'm seeing that the programs that pay a flat $5-$10 commission are pretty much impossible to make any money off of so I think I will drop those and focus on programs with a minimum $50 commission. Do others find this as well? What kind of commission/product price range do you aim for? Is it possible to make any money off the flat $5 commission programs using direct PPC linking? On the flip side, targeting very high priced items with commissions over $100 seem to be very risky and could potentially cost you a lot of money before you see any commission if ever.

randykougher, Jun 16, 2008 IP