1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hummingbird | Google Updates | Discussion

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by azharSEO, Nov 28, 2013.

Dear Friends, I want to discuss about Hammingbird and Now Going Google Updates...
    What works is best after going Google updates...

Regards
    AzharSEO

azharSEO, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  2. Iulia Lacriceanu

Iulia Lacriceanu Member

Best Answers:
    Latest Google algorithm, Hummingbird, is a search algo meant to better understand the contextual queries entered by users. It impacts (in a good way) the content and its creators. Now a query returns relevant results not only for the content optimized with the exact keywords, but also results which are relevant for the context and the meaning of the entire query.

The baby Hummingbird just hatched in the Google nest, it will take time to become as accurate as the big G wants it to be. As for the marketers trying to stay up to date with all the updates, I'd say they have nothing to worry about as long as their content is relevant for the keywords they're targeting, original and valuable.

I've said it before, I'd start optimizing for long tail keywords - because, in the end, Hummingbird is about them - understanding context means intuiting complex search terms.

Iulia Lacriceanu, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  3. WebDeveloperSahil

WebDeveloperSahil Active Member

Best Answers:
    It mean we don't need to concentrate more on keywords?

WebDeveloperSahil, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  4. Iulia Lacriceanu

Iulia Lacriceanu Member

Best Answers:
    Right the opposite @WebDeveloperSahil, keywords are becoming even more important. Target and optimize for very relevant ones. I said long tail keywords are the best solution, but to find them you have to first find the short tail ones and develop variations.

Let me know if this answers you question.

Iulia Lacriceanu, Nov 28, 2013 IP
    WebDeveloperSahil likes this.
  5. Neeraj Thakur

Neeraj Thakur Member

Best Answers:
    Singhal said that the algorithm can make use of more complex search requests and has a better understanding of the concept of human language, rather than a few scattered words. This new algorithm is a big step forward in the Internet history as searches will be more "human friendly" than ever. The algorithm is designed for conversational or semantic search.[5] Google uses its knowledge graph to answer questions users type as a query.For example, a query like "how tall is Mount Everest" would return the search result: 29,029' (8,848 m) Mount Everest, Elevation. Although the knowledge graph is a big part of the hummingbird update, it is not the only thing affected. The hummingbird algorithm is estimated to impact 90% of all searches, impacting billions of pages on the web. This means that sites that are more likely to answer the users questions might be favored.With a growing number of mobile users, the hummingbird algorithm had voice search in mind Hummingbird was designed to understand the users intent and provide the best possible results.

Neeraj Thakur, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  6. WebDeveloperSahil

WebDeveloperSahil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, got you. Thanks for explaining I really like it

WebDeveloperSahil, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  7. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice explanation. Thanks a lot.

komrad, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  8. CristiMayores

CristiMayores Greenhorn

Best Answers:

now, I understand it better.. thanks a lot :)

CristiMayores, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  9. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Above discussion is Good, in off page work what is better now in link building...?

azharSEO, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  10. johnsonlogic

johnsonlogic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fully agree with above members, but if you really want to do better focus on social media, participate in discussion sites to attract genuine visitors, rather than building backlinks for search engines.

johnsonlogic, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  11. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same logic goes to link building. As in content you are looking to link not with as many sites as possible, but only the most relevant and quality ones. If you are running an online food delivery service and your website is full of links to sports websites or IT directories this will not be looked with a good eye from the Google Gods ;)

Another thing to be taken into account is that when you are doing link building make sure to connect to websites that are well connected in that same industry also. The better their links, the best you will take out of your mutual partnership :)

Rado_ch, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  12. Ridwan khan

Ridwan khan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know a rules of humming bird....I am not sure, i just want to share this and confirm.....When we will build backlink we should create a combination of dofollow & Nofollow link.....Anyone can help me by confirming this.

Ridwan khan, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  13. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is correct Ridwan, the best bet is to do a combination of both. You might hear that its better to build only =dofollow links and indeed that is also possible, but requires much more and complex optimization. And still, some content is not so important and its not vital for your website that it is crawled by Google. For example if you have put paid links pointing to your website Google doesn't really like those, so using =nofollow on them is completely ok and directs the attention to connections that will give you more link juice. Same thing is with "Register here" or "Signup here" links...

Generally many people follow the simple logic that just because Google does not index a certain link, then it holds no value. The truth is that it is hard to avoid =nofollow links, but you simply don't have to. As everything revolves around unique, quality content, while building such and placing it on relevant sources like guest blogs and such you can get the =dofollows and engaging in forums, commenting on blogs etc will get you the =nofollows. Balance them right and you can't go wrong ;)

Rado_ch, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  14. solewind

solewind Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Something good about google's humming bird is that now you can vary your anchor around your keywords for better ranking. It is bad to stuck the same anchor of keywords in your content and meta now. Vary them with relevance or synonyms would work great.
    For example if your post is targeting the keyword "Shaver for men". You could put that keyword on Meta title, and in the meta description you can write something about beard and men like this "Want a good looking and manly beard? Check out these new razor on the market". So hummingbird will take that "razor" is the same as "shaver" and also they know you are talking about man's bird. It works the same in the main article, so you should vary the words you use for targeting a keyword.

solewind, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  15. Jin Well

Jin Well Banned

Best Answers:
    From my experience quality, well researched and quality content will win the race with google. I am saying this from my experience.

Jin Well, Nov 30, 2013 IP
    wzn888 likes this.
  16. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, you are right I agree with you, but in off page work what work is better from your end.

azharSEO, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  17. Ricky Martins

Ricky Martins Member

Best Answers:
    First of all Its not Hammingbird...........its Hummingbird and now come to your question; Hummingbird impacts on 90% of all search query;this algorithm is for upgrading the way of searching.Google says that its time foe conversational search; Google also add that this algorithm also consider the location of search and of course the timing of the search.

Thank you.

Ricky Martins, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  18. MrShabir

MrShabir Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you always prefer Unique content and high pr back-link and good on-page then you never get spam by any google update. this is my experience.

MrShabir, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  19. Haresh Patel

Haresh Patel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Properly indexed sites are unlikely to have noticed a big change with Hummingbird

Haresh Patel, Dec 14, 2013 IP