1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hulk Smash!!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Ballesterous, Jun 2, 2005.

That's about my level of HTML competence. (And my present mental state.) I've been trying to figure out my wordpress blog for the last couple weeks by bashing various bits of code with a stick and seeing what happens. "Hmm, the page actually caught fire. Better change that back."

So I'm still not there, but everything - such as it is - is working fine in my default browser, Firefox. But I just realized it's a mess in Internet Explorer. The main page looks fine, but the post pages are junk. I think it's a (probably trivial) spacing issue. The main column is getting pushed all the way down beneath the sidebar, and the post title and links to next and previous posts seem to be getting on top of each other. But like I said, this same layout works fine in Firefox - and Safari for that matter.

Would someone with more websmarts than me (i.e. anyone) mind taking a look at www.brollywood.net and seeing if they can see what's going wrong? Again, just fine in Firefox, not so fine in Explorer.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Ballesterous, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  2. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One table, 1 row and 1 column containing all your other tr's and td's and a few colspan's.... keep it simple. The two browsers can sometime be extremely difficult to repair if you don't watch them both as you go...

NewComputer, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  3. nightmare5liter

nightmare5liter Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm everything looks O.K. to me, guess you gaot it resolved.

nightmare5liter, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks better for sure, if you use FF as your main test browser for viewing layouts, download this plugin for a quick look at IE's display:

http://ieview.mozdev.org/

NewComputer, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  5. Ballesterous

Ballesterous Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone. You know what it took? I made the main content column THREE PIXELS narrower. Two pixels, not enough. I have no idea what difference that makes, or why one browser liked it just fine and the other demanded those three pixels. But anyway, it's fixed for now, until I break something else.

Next stop, header design. What could possibly go wrong?

Ballesterous, Jun 3, 2005 IP