1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Huge sitemap problem

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by massiva, Jul 18, 2008.

2.5 Months ago I redesign my main site and upgrade it with newer version of CMS that I use. 95% of the site link structure remains same.

Before upgrading the script, I’ve used “GSiteCrawler” for creating sitemap and I was very satisfied with the program.

After upgrading the site, I started to use sitemap plugin offered by CMS, and I started to loose traffic, serp positions – everything.

After submitting news sitemap in Google webmaster tools is said that it only has 1050 URLs and that Google indexed only about 500 pages.

After that I deinstall the sitemap plugin and started to use “GSiteCrawler” again and when I submit the sitemap almost immediately Google reads more than 5750 URLs, but in WM tools it says that my site is not indexed yet.

Yesterday I received sitemap WARNINGS - 302 (Moved temporarily) for 3 URLs that dont even exist in my site.

Google said: “When we processed your Sitemap, we found that some URLs aren't accessible to Googlebot because they contain too many redirects. Please change the URLs in your Sitemap that redirect and replace them with the destination URL (the redirect target).“

Can anyone tell me how to correct my “sitemap.xml.gz“ file and tell me approximately when could I expect the sitemap to be included in Google's index?

My site has more than 2080 articles, I still receive some Google traffic, but not like before. Site use to make average AdSense 30$ a day, now only 6$.

thanks,
    SEMrush

massiva, Jul 18, 2008 IP
    SEMrush