1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Huge increase in pages, no traffic

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by shareaway, Jul 20, 2005.

I got a huge amount of pages indexed this update, but don't see any more traffic from yahoo, in fact less I'd say. Does this make any sense? Does it take time for my pages to become findable, or once they're indexed they show their strength? i hope the former.

shareaway, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  2. wkw

wkw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where do you rank for your keywords at yahoo? Use the DP keyword tracker.

I would say that traffic comes down to:
    1) people finding you (whether by search or links on other sites),
    2) people being compelled to click your links -- are the descriptions which come up in the search engines enticing?, and
    3) that the keywords you're ranking for are ones people search for often. If you ranked highly for "collectors of oriental matchbooks", you probably couldn't expect a tremendous amount of traffic even if you had top SERPs.

I've often wanted to do some kind of site focused on the Woodstock, NY area I live in, but not being independently wealthy (yet), it seems I should focus on topics which are more easily monetized.

wkw, Jul 20, 2005 IP