1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Huge daily keyword ranking changes

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by BoozinGear, Oct 25, 2005.

Hello,

I've only been using this tools for a few weeks now, but lately have been checking a list of my keyword rankings daily, and my comments are two:

(1) Daily, different keywords take drastic jumps from like 5 to NA, and back, every couple of days. So I'll constantly have a number of keywords that change 9,996 - is this normal? I know google uses multiple data centers, and depending on which one it hits... yada yada. But, this is happening with MSN and Yahoo, is it the same and is this normal?

(2) My Google rankings are basically non-existent, my site has been up for about 6 months so I'm assuming I'm still sandboxed...:(

Thanks for the great tool!

BoozinGear, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  2. bceagle

bceagle Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello Boozingear

What tool are you referring to?

cheers
    bceagle

bceagle, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  3. darqSHADOW

darqSHADOW Peon

Best Answers:
    bceagle, Considering he posted this in the Keyword Tracker forum, I can only assume that is the tool he means. :D

BoozinGear, I have a few keywords that do this as well. Sometimes simply clicking on that keyword will refresh its view and it will be fine. It's either got to be a load issue (I track quite a # of keywords across a few sites), or a script execution thing...

DS

darqSHADOW, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The keyword tracker won't help your rankings, it's nothing more than a reporting tool. Is it reporting something you think is wrong (if you check the search engine manually for whatever term)?

digitalpoint, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  5. bceagle

bceagle Guest

Best Answers:
    I dont believe the reporting tool is reporting anything that is wrong, but rather is might be the most effective keywords that are not being targetted.

bceagle, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  6. BoozinGear

BoozinGear Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, let me explain further....

I use the keyword tool everyday now, and this is an example of what I see (moreso with Yahoo and Google - not really MSN). Instead of keyword rankings fluctuating day to day maybe 10 positions or so, they go from say 5, to NA the next day?

So, "my keyphrase" may have a ranking of 4 in Yahoo on Monday and Tuesday, and when I check it on Wednesday, it goes to NA (-9,996) while "another keyphrase" would be NA Monday, to 4th Tuesday, and then maybe back to NA a couple days later.

I wasn't saying there's anything wrong with the tool, but is this normal?

BoozinGear, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Have you checked your rankings manually to see if it's reporting wrong?

digitalpoint, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  8. bceagle

bceagle Guest

Best Answers:
    To Boozingear:
    That seems strange to me that your rankings fluctuates from day to day. All of my PR rankings stay the same, day after day. The PR went up recently, but it sure has not increased the traffic
    But then, a high PR does not mean more traffic, so up to this point, I cannot see where having a high PR means anything at all.

very confusing, I must say.

cheers

bceagle, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  9. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    My keywords jump around in google and yahoo some, my sites are still new so that may have something to do with it.

mdvaldosta, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  10. leo

leo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a well established site, ranking excellently and stably in G!.at since months. All of a sudden, since yesterday, the two most important single KWs dropped from #1 to #21 and #71 respectively in KW-tracker, the G!.at data center I am using didn't show them at all. The most astonishing fact: more or less ALL compound KWs using these two basic ones so far remain practically unchanged.

Does anybody have an explanation for this?

Regards

leo, Nov 5, 2005 IP