1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Huge Anime site with 23,000 members - Looking for staff members

Discussion in 'Programming' started by spdude, Dec 18, 2005.

Having a bit of trouble with a site I purchased over a month ago. The site had three admins and about 8 mods.

I'm not much of an Anime fan and of course, the purchase was an investment for revenue generating purposes more than anything else. Sure enough with the SEO skills and ad placement tricks I picked up here, the site's traffic has now trippled to over 4,000 unique a day.

The head admin and coder turned out to be a big jerk.. he took on some contracted work from me.. did it, got paid, and then started accusing me of ripping wallpapers from other sites etc. It was all planned to create a revolt and remove all staff members from the site and on to his own newly created competing site. They attempted to hack the forum with Dos attacks and heavy spamming... but we changed all passwords, shut the boards down and banned them all (actually we just changed their passwords and e-mail addresses so they can never login).

Anyways, if you are a fan of Anime and Manga and want to work with a site avaraging 90+ new members daily, send me a PM.

Thanks....

Edit: This should be in the services sub-forum.. sorry about that.

spdude, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  2. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow sorry to hear you had so much trouble with those lads, has happened to me once as well. I'm glad they didn't do any damage. Good luck with the site!

Seiya, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  3. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    OK, I have one Admin besides myself. Thanks web-rover for the continuous help during these annoying times. I have big hopes for this forum. Is there anyone else who wants to be a part of this site which might well end up getting 20k uniques a day??

spdude, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  4. SedNaX

SedNaX Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    well i'm interested maybe, could you send me a pm with some more info (url, payment??, etc..)

SedNaX, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  5. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hey i'm a forum admin from toronto too :) pm me! i'd love to hear some tips etc :)

Dekker, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  6. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the interest. I'll be PMing you two shortly. The main requirement here is that you need to be an Anime fan yourself. Mostly I'd like to discuss with interested individuals via instant messenger. My MSN address is in my profile.. you can grab it and add me to your contacts to discuss this further.

spdude, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  7. Canea

Canea Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    As of right now, you are under a very severe legal breach.

The "International Copyright Law".

Little did you know when you took down that website, you stole several members' artwork. By doing that, you violated the international copyright law. Taking someone's work without their consent is considered illegal, just like when someone downloads the latest "Nine Inch Nails" song on a Peer-to-Peer program, it's illegal. Except in this situation, it's just you stealing someone's artwork.

It's bad enough morally that you did this, let alone somehow legally did this as well.

If you wish to contact me, my e-mail is natedatopdawg@yahoo.com

Canea, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  8. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    throw in the "freedom of speach" thing too man!

Rule #1 of every forum ToS: Admins decide what we do (ban/remove/censor) and if you don't agree, please piss off

I assume canea was the previous admin of this forum? please take your anger elsewhere

frankm, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  9. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The previous admin knows about the thread... wish he would come down also.. haha

spdude, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  10. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wish you all the best with your new site spdude! I'm not into anime stuff myself but good luck finding an admin

frankm, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  11. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Frank. Cut a deal with SVZ above. So the bulk of it is sorted already.

spdude, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  12. Kamui Shirou

Kamui Shirou Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If this is that Anime site you are talking about. Animeonline.net. I have visited that site. The sites only "Inteligent" members from what I could see was the staff. and community members. I use to goto that site BEFORE the big bang and see it has turned into crap sence you bought it. hence why I left. So you want to be incontrl of 24,000 some odd retards then go for it. And I really don't like you ripping my work on that "Free wallpapers" page you had up on the site to begin with. the skin is copyrighed to Cybergig1 of AO. so I would suggest you remove it before you get a call from his lawyar about your pethetic rip of his skin as well.

As for as the 2 head admins go. I have known them for almost 6 years now. LK has never ripped anything in his life. He makes all his stuff by hand so why rip someone elses walls. and Cybergig has more balls then you do then just shutting down the sit elike that

And I hear you got LKs site suspeneded because you wanted to? Thats total bull man. his site had nothing to do with AO in one bit.

So lets see. who would I trust owning animeonline.net Some retard after money? or someone that knows what he is doing...

I would go with someone that knows what they are doing

Kamui Shirou, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  13. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Everything on that site is copyright to me :)

spdude, Dec 20, 2005 IP
    aeiouy likes this.
  14. timothyleary

timothyleary Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello I'm interested in your offer, I can provide some good content and help, I can help with any security/spam issues you may have as well, PM me if your interested.

timothyleary, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  15. Kamui Shirou

Kamui Shirou Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All the wallpapers in the gallery are not. thats copyright infringment

If you read the AO TOS the artests are copyrights of the work they submit..

Like your goint to take the time and brand all the walls with your name?

16. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Firstly, I've yet to hear of a lawsuit being successfully filed and won over something like a site design or 'skin'. There are plenty of websites and programs (High profile, Virtuozzo is one of them) that rip Microsoft's folder design without any purchases of rights, or permission.

Contacting lawyers, finding one that will take this case and then successfully filing a suit will cost more money than you could possibly ever earn from winning this case. How can you prove income accrued from something that was freely available and posted. Sure, it falls under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act - But unless you can prove it was 'stolen' and as well because of this created a financial loss, you have less than a few pebbles to build a wall.

Sites exchange hands; the internet is a market place like every other inch of this planet. Perhaps you should be frustrated with the people who had sold the site in the first place, and decided to jump ship for some bills. There are levels of administration, obviously in this case the top one would be a marketing oriented person, and then you'd have people under him which would focus more with the direction of the forum.

I don't know the history of the site as well as I would like, and from these posts I'm assuming there's some bad blood, but I'm going to try everything in my power to make the forums an enjoyable as well as a successful site :)

Dekker, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  17. Kamui Shirou

Kamui Shirou Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you knew the site history you can PM me and I will give it to you. But SPdude bought the site off the former owner and demanded LK do his work "Now". LI dose the work and spdude gose and rips walls off the site. and tries to cover hs butt and blame LK for it

18. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LKs designs suck balls.. the only reason I was giving him work was to help him out!

spdude, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  19. Kamui Shirou

Kamui Shirou Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh if his work is such a crappy job take down his skin he did for BlueGoop and AO Oh wait. that skin is making you money OMG!

20. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You idiot. These crappy skins will need to stay till I have replacements.

spdude, Dec 20, 2005 IP