1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Huge AdSense Crackdown Coming...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by shauner, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    bit confused... :confused:

why he wrote you this story for "link exchanging" ..?

Mong, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  2. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok well that is wonderful but I doubt traffic exchanges do much other than get you banned:eek:

But here is the reality...

Traffic Exchange sites = a bunch of other people just like you looking for a short cut to find traffic....

None of these other people just like you are in the mind set of buying anything...as such they will not click your ads...so the entire premis is a loop of people looking for traffic.

Youre targeted consumer...average joe and jane... who could care less about your website traffic (90% of internet users) do not sit and surf traffic exchange sites ......So why are you wasting time and energy chasing other people looking for traffic too?????

Is your targeted consumer a member of this forum??? Where do they tend to hang out?? That is where you should look for traffic!!!!!!!!!

For my SEM business the targeted consumer is a member here!!!!...but for my drag racing site...they are not here.

My view for what its worth..

Sem-Advance, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    AboutItWorld

I just visited your site...one that scrapes content and steals others content without giving proper attribution.

Seems your site steals lots of other peoples content..

Here are some examples.

http://www.aboutitworld.com/seo/7.php

http://www.aboutitworld.com/seo/390.php

I hope your site gets banned as you are one of the spammers Google hates.

I also would not be surprised if some of the article writers you stole content from start legal proceedings.

Dirty tactics!!

4. AboutItWorld

AboutItWorld Peon

Best Answers:
    woa advance man did you even read the bottom of those pages you posted let alone every other page? they all have info about the author. i didn't do anything here but try to help out and you jump me. some have links to the author and others don't.

i've already written google about my site because i got a page on digg.com and had 50k impressions i know redflagged it and everything is good.

AboutItWorld, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Youre still scraping.... one of the problems with the Internet...lots of copycats ...few of any original thought.

It is content that is not yours... so you wont get credit due to duplicate content filter.... and not all of the pages you scraped link to the authors properly!!!

And no I did not read all the way to the bottom...

when I see a pile of sand I can tell from the top of the pile, that the bottom will be more of the same.

(You might want to write the author of the script you bought...seems to be Jonathan Ledgers) or possibly articlebot....and get your money back!!

And change your sig line to

Free Stolen Information About Everything...Always :(

6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Yep, I believe you are probably right. I should've read it more carefully. :eek:

mcfox, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  7. shauner

shauner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well since this traffic exchange discussion I have stopped all my traffic through those venues. The problem is they were generating profit through AdSense of about 10x what I spent to get the traffic... and that is with a CTR that is below average too by the way. I've found a couple of good 10 cent AdWord terms that are now replacing that TE traffic, not as lucrative, but at least out of the grey area of Google's TOS.

shauner, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  8. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Shauner

Well it is hard at times to cut off a revenue stream...but it is almost like youre trapped in this case.

Try overture for clicks as its a bit cheaper and you control costs better. Ask.com is not bad either.

Look into some paid for inclusion spots to advertise on and then work forums and blogs related to your websites.

You can also seo and get traffic from the search engines.

there is other ways of generating traffic and links as well such as article writing.

My 1.5 centavos

Sem-Advance, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  9. shauner

shauner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice Sem. I'm checking out overture and ask.com and some others I have happened across. This is just a temporary bump in the road, I'm sure. Just have to change the strategy and find something else that works.

shauner, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  10. google adsense sucks

google adsense sucks Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has a business model it seems that includes cutting off accounts at the point of payment. I had my adsense ads up on my site for 9 months, and just hit the $100 payment threshhold and ---guess what ---BINGO, the dread cancelation letter, and no payment for anything---so I got screwed out of 9 months of having their ads up. $100 in nine months--really sounds like click fraud to me huh?---F**k em---

I have seen many other people experiencing the same treatment from them and I would whole heartedly advise NOT using them for ads.

I have also contacted sites that had ads listed on my site, with a letter informing them that they were paying an unethical company for their ads, and offered direct ad links on portions of my site. Several have bitten and one even dropped their Google account as a large part of their traffic was direct from my site to theirs. (I have other links to their site)

I was never in the Adsense account to make money--I never expected it to be much more than a pittance anyway, but their robotic ethics leaves something to be desired.

google adsense sucks, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  11. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Used to get lot of emails & IM stating that 'yahoo is closing down' they are bankrupt etc. HA ha..

dotcompals, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  12. whitespider

whitespider Peon

Best Answers:
    Sem - I agree with you and I dislike scrapers but there is nothing actually wrong with Aboutitworld's site. This is a site from adsenseready who, like many others, sell adsense ready websites. In their case they have the permission of the authors to reproduce the articles. Imagine - thousands of links for the author to their own sites! Many authors publish their work with the express intention of allowing others to use them provided they link back.

Same as you I don't like these, but sadly they are legit' at the moment so your comments about "stealing" and the site being banned are perhaps a little harsh.

whitespider, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Hi whitespider

Hmmm that someone chooses to use these sites to take other people's money does not infer justification for their existence..

I.E. I have crack dealers who live in my city... and because they earn a living selling drugs to others... does not justify their existence or make it legal for them to partake in such activity.

I know full well about article marketing.

I also know the value of a URL being linked to ad nausem is limited.. as the search engines would rather find keywords in anchor text links..

Also you say they have the permission of the Authors... but they do not in reality.. What they have is the authors agreement with the original website where the article was originally posted, that others may take and use it.

As an author myself I would prefer my articles not end up as a useless piece of trash used to allow others to earn income off of my hard work, I would rather it end up with another hard working person who uses an occassional article to supplement their own work.

Also when I visited his site the article links on many were broken. He got the same that I gave another who did this same thing.

Another thing... that someone takes someone elses free work ...and uses it to make money... does not speak highly of the seller.

I appreciate your point of view and I may have been too harsh, but if it cleans up his site or stops someone else from buying further duplicate content they should not have to pay for.... then I do not see much bad in it.

Sem-Advance, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  14. whitespider

whitespider Peon

Best Answers:
    Sem - respect to you

I build my sites myself but sometimes invite people to submit articles for the link and credit in return. These are all done through their own free will. I am constantly having to check for plagiarism and have found many - I HATE this too. Perhaps though, the original authors should think twice before agreeing that their articles can be "lifted".

My point was not whether its "good or bad" - but simply that at the moment its "legit" from an Adsense point of view.

whitespider, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Whitespider

I agree it is the Authors own decision to make whether that is the best way to market themselves... and when they agree to, if bad things are a result.. they have nobody else to blame as well.

As for Google justifying that duplicate content is legit for Adsense....I find Google speaks with forked tongue...though they are in a way forced to accept these sites as legitimate in order to fulfill the Adwords advertisers need for inventory space to display ads.

Perhaps when the Advertisers realize their ads are being displayed on sites like these... then Google will have something to say that is in line with their other stances.

Sem-Advance, Mar 27, 2006 IP