1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTTPS vs HTTP

Discussion in 'Apache' started by Fix Johnson, Apr 14, 2017.

I am using Cloudfare and they recently set my url to HTTPS. My slider then stopped working on my site. Is there enough advantage to having SSL showing or does my SEO suffer. Currently I have turned off SSL and site is working fine.

How would I fix Slider Problem with SSL, site is on Apache server.

Any thoughts on whether to turn SSL back on?

Fix Johnson, Apr 14, 2017 IP
  2. Fix Johnson

Fix Johnson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I changed my SSL to Flex and downloaded a Wordpress Plugin called Simple SSL and voila Problem Solved. Unfortunately does not work with Hostgator, but it did fix my issue. Hopefully this can help some one else with same issue.

Fix Johnson, Apr 15, 2017 IP
  3. manoaratefy

manoaratefy Member

Best Answers:
    HTTPS website is better than HTTP in SEO but you should adjust your website to work correctly on HTTPS.

manoaratefy, Apr 15, 2017 IP
  4. metricbuzz

metricbuzz Member

Best Answers:
    HI
    1. SSL means your site is secure to the users, it is a good thing.

2. Nothing to do with SEO, it is actually a better SEO implementation.

3. If you have a Wordpress site, log in to Cloudflare.com, go to 'Crypto' tab, select first 'SSL' as 'Flexible', at the 'Edge Certificates', order a free SSL certificate. then go to the last low, turn on the 'Automatic HTTPS Rewrite'.

Then install a Cloudflare WP plugin, configure it accordingly.

[​IMG]

4. If you have a site hosted with Apache, do the exact above step, but also with extra 2 steps:

1) change all your site links in all the pages into HTTPS, before all links are HTTP.

2) in the root .htaccess file, add the following lines(make sure change to your own URL):
    [​IMG]
    test, test, test.

IF you interested about your site performance, we suggest this tool: https://metricbuzz.com/

metricbuzz, Apr 15, 2017 IP