1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

http://www . windowpositions . com/

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kepa, Feb 16, 2005.

Who are these people, does anyone know? I just got a call from a rep and they tried to sell me some program where my website front page would supposedly appear in an iframe of some sort, above any search engines results -- pushing the SE LOGO along with the results DOWN (in my case Google) the page! It bypassed all my popup blockers and everything.

Another scam probably, I didn't like what I saw so I hung up on them. He wasn't very happy when I told him I was already number 1, but still tried to salvage the sale.

Take heed.

kepa, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Usually these things consist of downloading a program that highjacks the search engines top listings in the serp. They probably will tell you 20 million have downloaded it already and they install with anti-spyware programs, etc.... etc...

debunked, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  3. plmerlin

plmerlin Guest

Best Answers:
    We tried 2 similar services as they had free $50 offer. They delivered visitors as promized but it didn't work well for us. (PM me if you want to try them:) )

May be if you sell the latest gismo and point to the order page, it might work.
    Follow their advices, too broad keywords generate huge amount of visitors, just good to eat bandwidth.

What I don;t like is that these guys use spyware.

Pierre

plmerlin, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  4. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its always difficult, whilst i have no idea of the site you mentioned, to do cold calling, so i sympathise with you..and them.
    i literally just finished cold calling a guy who told me he pays £50 for 2 weeks

...and told him he could have £2 for a whole year....he didn't believe me...and could have hung up, fortunately he didn't and he now has ads on the way.

so i see it from both sides.
    cold calling is hard, but easier if you have something GENUINE to offer.

Solicitors Mortgages, Feb 16, 2005 IP