1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML Validator

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Harry9888, Jun 20, 2011.

1. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't go to the meetings. Many of the people there are rather strange though I do enjoy some of their company. I don't recall mentioning I belonged.
    Yes. I tend to forget to include laptops.
    Have you seen the 3D one which completely slips my mind right now? It's outstanding!
    I don't see how *nix is not general purpose as it runs everywhere. Windows does not.
    That doesn't make the tool better. It's only cause he has to use it, not necessarily because he wants to.
    I'm a web developer who owns a dev company. All we do is web sites. I started out using .NET and Windows in 2004 based on recommendations from a relative who works in a Microsoft shop. Microsoft changed things around in .NET in a way that royally screwed us over after quite a battle just trying to get their stuff working in the first place. Relative told me I should give up on them and switch to Linux. Don't recall why I chose FreeBSD instead but the year we lost trying to get .NET to work for us was made up in 3 months using FreeBSD and all the *nix tools. (It was then that I started questioning how Internet Explorer worked and eventually learned the horror that is IE.)

drhowarddrfine, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  2. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    So you WERE lying when you said you used FreeBSD and Linux. It was easy to tell on your previous post and glaringly obvious with this one. Only one who knows nothing about how computers work would make such a statement of ignorance. But then you say:
    First you say it's inefficient, then you say it isn't. Great job, kid.
    BSD is derived from ATT Unix and once contained much of the original code. All the world's greatest computer scientists contributed to some portion of BSD but YOU think they lack common sense.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you're gonna play the special person role now ? Let me clarify it for you : FreeBSD is less user friendly then nuclear waste . This being one of the main reasons behind it's lack of popularity , common sense says that if it's not ergonomic then the user will bang it's head against the wall and eventually quit . On the flipside the OS isn't a resource hog , it has some amazing features and good security . Dance for me more troll ?

ApocalypseXL, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    how is FreeBSD less so than any Unix or Linux or BSD? Im sure you dont know.
    so you need a helping hand? Pros know what to do kid. FreeBSD aint no toy for you to play with. Move on.

EDIT: Oh and you are aware that Mac OSX is, at it's core, FreeBSD; at least in part. No. I'm sure you didn't.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 15, 2011 IP