1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML sites in the network...

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by duncancarver, Dec 7, 2004.

Hi Shawn,

I'm writing a piece on the co-op for the readers of my newsletter htpp://www.onlinemarketingtoday.com (30,000) at the moment, and I was wondering if there is a work around to allowing plain .htm or .html sites to take advantage of the network.

The main reason being to accommodate more of my readers into the network, in that only a small percent will operate .php based websites. I recall there is something you can modify server side (possibly .htaccess but I could be wrong) in order to tell the server to parse .htm files, treating them as php.

Do you have any ideas about this? Been searching for a while and haven't found anything specific to work this.

Best...

Duncan Carver

duncancarver, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This thread has one way to do it without changing the html files via mod_rewrite.

Can also do it with SSI or make your server parse HTML files as PHP, but you still would need to add the PHP code to the files in that case.

digitalpoint, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  3. duncancarver

duncancarver Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool thanks. Missed that thread.

Best...

Duncan

duncancarver, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  4. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Might be a good idea to update the coop page copy. I have referred a number of people and most of them think they cannot use the network with a "plain" html site

chachi, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm going to at some point. At least point them to the threads for "unsupported" methods like that, ASP, cold fusion, etc.

digitalpoint, Dec 7, 2004 IP