1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Html site vs Wordpress, Which is Better?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by tacitinc, Dec 29, 2012.

1. ivvyevents

ivvyevents Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Directly we can't take one side. We have to consider some things like Wordpress is user friendly and have enormous amount of plugging which will help the sites to run better. In case of HTML it offers a better security compare to wordpress. So we can use up to our requirements.

ivvyevents, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  2. Karolwf

Karolwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    How big is your site? I prefer html - better security, no problems with databases, MYSql, passwords, etc.

Karolwf, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That typo fits turdpress SO well, I'll probably still be laughing half an hour from now. Freudian slip?

deathshadow, Jun 16, 2013 IP
    dwirch likes this.
  4. itechyou

itechyou Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say, Wordpress for Dynamic Content, and HTML page for static content. If you think you have to update your page in daily basis then wordpress is the best choice for you. Maybe Drupal too.

If you are not looking for dynamic content, i.e. You may have to edit the page once in a year or half yearly.. I would say go for Normal html pages..

itechyou, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  5. hruz

hruz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you make them into part of a WordPress Blog you could be using some WP SEO Plug-Ins to get a lot more traffic to them so you can monetize them with Google AdSense Plug-Ins

hruz, Aug 13, 2015 IP
  6. Lalit Goyal

Lalit Goyal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think wordpress will be better because you can extend it more. Its a great CMS.

Lalit Goyal, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  7. SimonKnapp

SimonKnapp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would convert them to WP as soon as possible. Find a good programmer who can help you transfer all your old pages. It will take a LOT of work though, as you will ahve to re-do all of the on-page SEO like h1,h2,h3 tags, keywords, meta descriptions and so on for EACH page... But, once it is finished, you will be way better off for the long haul.

SimonKnapp, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  8. guru1surfer

guru1surfer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If they are fine and looking good in HTML, then i would leave them as is. Wordpress is amazing, but may slower a little your site. CMS has nothing to do with ranking though. But CMS can sometimes helps with tools you could use for SEO which may help you rank better. Also make sure the design of your sites is cutting edge if you want better traffic interaction, and therefore, better ranking.

Hope this helped :)

guru1surfer, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  9. arntel

arntel Member

Best Answers:
    no doubt...wordpress is the best...!!!!!

arntel, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  10. freelance varma

freelance varma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Tacitinc,

HTML is great if you have a static website. This means that the contents in your website generally remain unchanged.
    WordPress a better choice, when it is?
    1)Dynamic contents
    2)Blog interaction
    3)HTML scripting without codes

4)Active community
    5)Fast website building

Conclusion:
    HTML is more suitable for websites with little modifications either to its contents or the layout. However, if you are planning to update your website constantly and add content from time to time, then WordPress is your best choice!

Thanks

freelance varma, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  11. haxy

haxy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is great but the only problem is it could get a bit too heavy and slow down the site.

haxy, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  12. invierna

invierna Peon

Best Answers:
    I have made websites with both before, and with all honesty, the most impressive thing about wordpress is its marketing!
    First a lot of the plug ins that supposedly make it great are outdated. Half of them are not even things your visitors will be impressed by,and I have seen a few people completely ruin their wodpress websites by thinking changing the template is a simple thing. In other words it is not that easy to use.

If you know how to code, it will be easier to use either, so whichever way you go, i think learning some code is important.
    The thing about SEO is not true either, as it depends on your contentnand if you know wherento,place your keywords and how...
    For the easiset of all options i don't encourage it but even one of the many website builders around are easier than to use than wordpress.

invierna, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  13. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    If its a dynamic website and you need to create custom programs its better to go with Html site and if you need to add more and more pages and you are not going for custom programs, you can go with Wordpress.

LinkGenie, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  14. jazmyn

jazmyn Member

Best Answers:
    I think wordpress is better because you can use plenty of different useful plugins of your need.

jazmyn, Sep 1, 2015 IP