1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML/CSS IE/FF problem

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by linkweb, Nov 22, 2007.

Hi everyone,

Today I make a layout in Photoshop. Now I'm creating the HTML page. It's not in DIVs but html and tables, because I need it fast and I can't make it in DIVs at the moment.

You can see the layout here. In Internet Explore everything is alright. But if open it in FireFox, the menu isn't good. What did I wrong? And what is the solution to solve this problem?

Thanks for you help!:)

linkweb, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  2. TomBrownsword

TomBrownsword Peon

Best Answers:
    Try adding a DTD / Transitional statement at the top of the HTML doc, just before the first HTML tag. That usually does the trick.

Just view the source of this page... it's the first line of the source code.

HTH,
    Tom

TomBrownsword, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  3. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds to me like you were developing against a browser instead of to the standards, which is going to cause problems no matter what. What you have is actually pretty easy to make using semantic markup, so what is it about semantic markup and CSS that you're finding so difficult?

Dan Schulz, Nov 22, 2007 IP