1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML Advise

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Atlanta Realtor, Jul 13, 2004.

Any advise on how I can clean up this NASTY html on my website. From my understanding it is very nasty and very poor. I dont know if the Css is something that would make this more difficult to do but and suggestions would be appreciated.

Atlanta Realtor, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  2. THT

THT Peon

Best Answers:
    THT, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  3. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    I already know my site doesnt validate and I was told by my old seo that Validator wasnt any good or of use..that it didnt matter if my website validated or not..but I am learning that it must matter but dont know where to begin to get it to validate. I also heard that getting it to validate with me using Css is something of a trick as well. This from my old Seo

Atlanta Realtor, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  4. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    If it's the Atlanta Real Estate site we're talking here then you'll need to get the inline styles, the ones that are defined in the page, into the CSS file, including the margins defined in your BODY tag. That plus getting a valid DTD will be your first steps toward valid HTML and knock at least 4 errors off your validation results.

Then you can start adding your ALT tags to all the images that are missing them - even ALT="" will keep the validator happy for now.

Then revalidate your revised page and pick off all the other offending tags one by one...

You can also use HTML tidy and view the source of the result, but this is a step beyond HTML into XHTML territory, though it will automatically place DTDs in your document and leave you to skim through the remaining errors.

NB - It's probably a wise move not to use tidy for any of your PHP pages ;)

Lever, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I would start using CSS-P to build the site. It might take a while to get it all working at first, but once it is, the benefits are huge.

webmonkey have a great tutorial on the subject if you need somewhere to get help from

SEbasic, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  6. mrpaisa

mrpaisa Guest

Best Answers:
    Html is a hypertext mark up language. it is used to create a web page. Html tags are keywords surrounded by angle bracket like<html>. it can include or can load scripts in languages. Html is a text & image formatting languages used by web browser.

mrpaisa, Jan 11, 2010 IP