1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.htaccess

Discussion in 'Apache' started by mehbooba, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    domain.com/.htaccess

Options +Indexes
    Options +FollowSymlinks
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ articles/articles [L,QSA]

is my only guess.

Nintendo, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  2. mehbooba

mehbooba Peon

Best Answers:
    wow..that worked... many thanks for your help (and to hacker as well)

mehbooba, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  3. WhiteHatHacker

WhiteHatHacker Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps this thread should be closed now, but anyway... Two notes:

1) No offence, Nintendo, your efforts to make the world a better place are great :), but I could have told you, mehbooba, that rule. It simply redirects any requests for ANY non-existent files to articles/articles. This may work for you (indeed, my home-made CMS engine redirects all requests for files not under /_static/ to index.php) but be aware that you may have a lot more requests than necessary to the php file) creating excess overhead. Also - and I'm sure you're aware of this too - make sure you parse the request so that it doesn't contain anything except A-Za-z0-9_.+= whatever - NO QUOTATION MARKS etc. - to prevent a security risk through "MySQL injection".

2) For any other people reading this thread: the way to get information about a request without the query string (i.e. "?article=something&page=10..." etc.) is to use environment variables. So long as the mod_rewrite rules are not sending a 301 redirect - [R=301] - the variable REQUEST_URI gives access to the ORIGINAL request, not the modified version. In PHP, the syntax is $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]

Happy rewriting to you all!

WhiteHatHacker, Nov 9, 2006 IP