1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.htaccess - Front Page and mod rewrite

Discussion in 'Apache' started by macdesign, Dec 20, 2004.

I have a bit of a hack going on, which has taken me several hours to work around.

I have a combination of Front Page and .PHP and mod rewrite

If the .htacess file is set as originall created for the site with plain FP, then I can use FP to upload the sites pages, but then the site will not work since I need the mod rewrite.

If I add the mode rewrite, then FP won't update the site - so I have to keep switching back and forth with two different versions of .htacess

I have

Is there a better way to order this so that FP will accept it, and mod rewrite still works?

macdesign, Dec 20, 2004 IP
  2. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Try putting your custom stuff under the fp stuff.

flawebworks, Dec 20, 2004 IP
  3. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought and that's what this site says ==: http://flawebworks.com/frontpage/frontpagehtaccessfile.htm

But I get

Page Not Found
    Page Not Found
    The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:
    You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.
    The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.
    The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.

macdesign, Dec 20, 2004 IP