1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

hsbc bank account available for non-us citizens

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by laxmi, Jul 19, 2007.

1. reloadable

reloadable Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there anybody knows HSBC bank accept people who living in Hong Kong to open a bank account? i have found they have a access point in Hong Kong.

reloadable, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  2. miniwar

miniwar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I am living in Hong Kong, I just called the e-trade Hong Kong hotline, they told me I can't withdraw or bank wire transfer the money in the brokerage account online to my Hong Kong local bank, I need to call them to ask them transfer the money back to Hong Kong, is it true? if so, that mean I need to call them every time I want withdraw the money...

(1)what method you used to transfer/withdraw the money to your local bank account?

(2) how much they charge you when you transfer/withdraw the money back to you local bank account?

(3) when withdrawing/transfering money to local bank account, is that it can be withdraw/transfer in USD, that arrive my local bank account in USD? or it must be convert to your country currency first at your account, and then start withdrawing/transfering process?

(4) for the brokerage account, it allow withdraw the paypal money to the account, is that mean it working like checking account, that local US resident could transfer/deposit the money into the account without any charge? so that I could receive payment by giving the brokerage account number to my client...

miniwar, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  3. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hello xoom is available in your country.if you have verified paypal account then you can transfer the paypal money directly to your bank account using xoom.You will be charged $8 per transaction.:)

laxmi, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  4. miniwar

miniwar Peon

Best Answers:
    I assume you are answering my question, yes the xoom is available to my country, but is more expensive than withdraw from paypal to Hong Kong bank account...

actually, withdraw the money directly from paypal to my Hong Kong bank account is working, but if doing so, the paypal only allow withdraw it in HKD, that mean I need convert the funds to HKD first in the paypal account, then withdraw it,
    and because the currency rate provided by the paypal is arround 2.5% less then currency rate provided by Hong Kong HSBC bank,

so I want to withdraw money from paypal to US bank account, and then wire the funds to my Hong Kong HSBC bank ccount, then I could keep the USD in my bank account, or just convert it HKD with the higher Currency rate provided by HSBC at any time...

miniwar, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  5. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    xoom transaction is more expensive.i don't believe it.They charge same for everyone.If you want to transfer money to US HSBC Bank account then you can't because i already inquired about this. They will allow youi to open bank account but they don't allow you to transfer paypal money to your US bank account. And one have to invest $2500-$3000 in order to open account.:)

laxmi, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  6. miniwar

miniwar Peon

Best Answers:
    for the paypal, I withdraw it to HK bank account for free, but the currency rate between USD and HKD provided by paypal is arround 7.60,

if withdraw by xoom to HK bank account, they charge the transaction fee, and the currency rate provided by xoom is 7.59...

and the currency rate provided by HK HSBC is 7.8..

miniwar, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  7. kashifrasool

kashifrasool Peon

Best Answers:
    I live in Pakistan. So I want to get U.S account. Will I be able to get Hsbc Account. what you think, I want to get paypal but I can not get paypal as Pakistani.

kashifrasool, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  8. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they charge me $8 for each transaction and they charging $7 .You are better than me.Instead of spending $2500 for opening bank account its better to spend $8 for each transaction na.When you need you can make transaction.so in that you are saving lot of money.:)

laxmi, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  9. sanneepre

sanneepre Peon

Best Answers:
    if you need debit card just to varify the PP account use any VCC . dont run here and there for US account

sanneepre, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  10. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes sanneepre is right because vcc even provide expuse no.:)

laxmi, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  11. n3o_the_on3

n3o_the_on3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let me know the current status of the thread. i wont mind to take a HSBC bank account ( for non us citizens) if they provide ATM and some special service like etrade does.

n3o_the_on3, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  12. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Many ebooks about this subject I guess ?

Lastbutnotleast, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  13. n3o_the_on3

n3o_the_on3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which subject?:confused:

n3o_the_on3, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  14. renu1

renu1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi,

I read all the posts in this thread...

the reason I started looking for ways to opening a US bank account is for PayPal usage, but also to be able to cash in ClickBank Cheques, since it can take like 10 weeks to do that with my local bank, waiting for the cheque to clear through the US clearing system. :(

I'm from Romania, so for me, the local branch of E*TRADE is in the UK. I already sent the aplication forms by mail and talked on the phone with somebody from the customer support service. He told me I can't use the brokerage account for clearing cheques or transfering funds from PayPal. He also mentioned that there is a confussion on this subject and many have called their customer support service about this, especially from eastern Europe... So I guess I'll wait and see what happens... But I'm also considering to open a HSBC bank account. I'll keep you all in touch... :)

renu1, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  15. Aparko

Aparko Peon

Best Answers:
    how do are open account in hsbc bank

Aparko, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  16. renu1

renu1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    well I'm not sure about the procedures to open a HSBC Bank account but they must have almost the same as E*TRADE... you have to ask them..

Don't be afraind... send them a email... if their customer support is good, they will reply you A.S.A.P.

see ya.. :)

renu1, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  17. renu1

renu1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    New info on E*TRADE...

they sent me a email and clarified that I had to send them a certified copy of my passport (odd... they never told me so on the phone, when I talked to them... they just asked for a copy..) anyway i sent them the certified copy and it should arrive by Friday, this week..

after that I will be rolling... just have to send $1000 by WT and I get my visa card... :))

keep you updated...

renu1, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  18. oshankmonu

oshankmonu Banned

Best Answers:
    Did you get you HSBC account opened .. please tell

oshankmonu, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  19. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    now no need to open bank account in united states because paypal have introduced new feature i.e., now every body can withdraw money to their bank account directly from paypal.:)

laxmi, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  20. wkhaiaun

wkhaiaun Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I once contacted the HSBC support staff and they said that the US bank account will not be able to accept Paypal fund. Anybody here really use HSBC US to link to their paypal? I heard also in order to open an account, you'll need quite a huge sum of money as well.

wkhaiaun, Nov 2, 2007 IP