1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Howto SSI Google Adsense in static html-pages

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by hans, Sep 17, 2004.

Until recently i just enjoyed the changing color palette in the forum here ...
    until i had time to think about how to change my own color palette in my pure static HTML
    page site - so i took a nap and woke up with the idea of using randomly selected Google
    AdSense ad code inserted via SSI.

Any random text perl tool will do - and the benefit of rotation is that ads or banners from different
    sources can be added into the file for selection and different sizes can be selected as well each time the page reloads - only one of all available ads is displayed and hence all conforming Google TOS and other typical TOS
    as well.

On the way to secure Google's written approval for SSI adsense - i learned about the Google
    built in feature of rotating up to 4 colors from the available custom color palette. I must have either
    missed that feature-description or failed to spend enough time to search for.

just in case someone wishes to rotate adsense colors - two method to do so in static pages.

1. Google method
    2. SSI method

From Google about Google method I learned:

------------

you can generate ad code from your account that will automatically rotate up to 4 color palettes. To generate ad code with multiple palettes of your choice:

* Click 'Ad layout code' under the 'Ad Settings' tab
    * Select up to 4 color palettes by holding down the Ctrl key
    * Choose the appropriate ad layout
    * Copy-and-paste the AdSense ad code into your web pages

------------

and the created code for 4 colors looks like:

google_color_border = ["FFFF00","999900","FF33CC","00FFFF"];
    google_color_bg = ["FFFFCC","FFFFCC","FFFFFF","EEFFFF"];
    google_color_link = ["CC00CC","FF0066","339900","FF0000"];
    google_color_url = ["9999FF","66CC33","3300FF","009966"];
    google_color_text = ["00CC00","CC3399","CC3366","FF0000"];

all the rest of the adsense JavaScript code is the same.

however

If you like to randomly change color AND / OR size of Google ads - or even change ad source -
    then the easiest "legal" ( !! ) way for static HTML sites is SSI using a random text perl script.

Since i noticed in other forums that some people are hesitating with color palette rotation by SSI
    because unsure if compliant with G TOS or not - i asked G a few days ago and received the positive answer - http://www.kriyayoga.com/how_to/how_to_adsense_ssi.html all
    is published for public reference on a test page that changes style/color and type of ad or banner with a very simple and easy to set up perl script.

enjoy

hans, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  2. Sholva

Sholva Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info, I hadn't thought of trying that (although I did notice the changing colors on this forum when I signed up)

I'll try it out and perhaps write a few little extras to make it spicy.

Sholva, Sep 23, 2004 IP
  3. i-bonsai.com

i-bonsai.com Guest

Best Answers:
    I think, sometimes changing colours can really help the CTR...

...sometimes it just puts people off !

i-bonsai.com, May 12, 2005 IP