1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Would You

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by DazInventor, Dec 17, 2016.

Hello Merry Christmas to All

Im new to this site and I could sure use some advice as to how best to respond to the problems Im facing. Background short version. For more a few years Ive been prototyping & building highly specialized small machines in my workshop for the transport of LPG delivered products, the prototypes I designed and built are unique, solve an emerging & real problem business experience worldwide. Found the initial seed investors and we built more prototypes, finalized on a design, got a provisional patent and then I demonstrated the machine to a billion dollar company, their feedback on our design was, we love the power and ease of use, just change the weight of the machine. So I CAD redesigned the product at considerable time and cost to myself and Ive now succeeded in a revised design that eliminates the weight problem. Now the matter of it is that all shareholders expect me to hand over all technical drawings without any reimbursement of my expenses which breaches the shareholder agreement. All shareholders know the value that I bring to company but I now suspect that they believe that they can sideline me and run with the idea themselves. One director has been extremely aggressive at times even brutal, even bordering on a dictatorship and desire for personal gain, almost no minutes to meeting recorded at all, no resolutions or voting on directions just who shouts loudest wins, verbal threats and withholding money, other shareholders ignoring this behaviour and now demanding I hand over all drawings. Ive argued and debated the issue but they just ignore me now. Money is very tight for me. The prototype and revised design concept is very sound, I suspect my shares are worthless now? Thanks DazInventor

DazInventor, Dec 17, 2016 IP
  2. bae

bae Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is beyond the scope of this forum. There are other legal forums on the web where attorneys do sometimes answer questions. Even there, I think they will tell you that you need to consult with an attorney in person. You're dealing with a lot of complex issues, and it sounds like there could be a considerable amount of money involved. You can probably get a free initial consultation.

bae, Dec 17, 2016 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You definitely need to be talking to an attorney and probably should have when you got the early investments. Have you given up voting shares control of the company?

jrbiz, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Some of those shareholders are friends and family, right? That would explain the lack of documentation.

You are designing products for a company and it's normal for the work you do for them to belong to the company so it's understandable that they think you should hand them over. If there's a clause somewhere saying that you retain the IP, still get paid and can withhold your designs then you need to lawyer-up and get it explained to them.

sarahk, Dec 21, 2016 IP