1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would you use 100 dollars to start a business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by techlady, Oct 19, 2005.

1. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    If everybody on this planet starts a forum then who will post threads in them?

keral82, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  2. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well if I was building a brand new site and I had 100 bucks to spend I would probably buy some seo link building software to help me speed up the process of link building, one of the most tedious aspects of getting a sites ranking up.

tesla, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  3. TheMagicMan

TheMagicMan Guest

Best Answers:
    Well it depends on the type of business, but yes I have to agree with the concensus, starting a web-based business is a pretty good start. With $100, depending on your design skills, you can get some sort of good site going.

TheMagicMan, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  4. mmacgillivray

mmacgillivray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's how I would do it :O

1. $15 Register domain name
    2. $60 Acquire hosting account
    3. --- Install articledashboard script - invite folks to contribute articles to it.
    4. --- Sign up for google adsense
    5. $20 Ask Tuning to register your site with his 100 favourite directories
    6. $5 Use this to buy a couple of other directory listings (they exist out there for little or no money.)

You can probably get the domain name cheaper and perhaps the hosting - but if you're serious about a business, having a fairly reliable hosting account is important. You can't run the articledashboard script without a mysql database.

Choose a topic which is familiar to you and which has an eager buying public!

M

... now, why didn't I think of that for me :)

mmacgillivray, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  5. GWHN

GWHN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe hosting, i think hosting is the hardest only because your in compition who giv e" Unlimited " when its not really unlimited !

so, it ruining the hosting name !

but.. i'd say, maybe computer parts? buy and resell them :)

GWHN, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  6. mystic

mystic Active Member

Best Answers:
    with only 100 bucks to start out it is really hard. It really depends what type of business it is. If you are looking to start an online business 100 bucks is probably all you'll need. hosting now days isn't really expensive only about 5 bucks a month which really isn't much. Build yourself a site which is free! and publish it! Now it depends again on what business. If you decide to start an e-commerce site then find good wholesale dropshippers and most should be free to sign up but may take up to about 2 weeks. Once you sign up get a shopping cart and start selling. You can get many free shopping cats like oscommerce, augora cart etc. sorry if i spelled those wrong. If you don't want to sell anything try making an online web directory and using google adense to make money. Online businesses i believe have the lowest start up costs.

hope this helps

mystic, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  7. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    I would search through Google for extremely cheap keywords and spend $25. Google now allows you to buy some keywords for $0.01 if you can find the ones that have low demand. Find 10-20 such keywords in 3-5 different product markets.

Then find an affiliate program for each and buy traffic from Google to those sites.

$25 would get you 2500 unique visitors. Theoretically if you send them to good sites, you should get about 1:200 conversion rate for PPC. That gets you about 13 sales in total.

Assume a $25 profit per sale x 13 sales = $325 profit.

Rinse and repeat.

It won't happen immediately though. One of the problems with the ultra cheap keywords is the supply. If you can find 20 keywords at $0.01 each with a budget of $25 I bet it would take about 30-45 days for it to run through Google.

Assuming it works for you, adjust the campaigns as necessary. Then open a Yahoo Search Marketing account and run ppc through them as well.

You could probably turn that $100 into $1000 within 3-5 months of doing just that.

Then you expand and do it some more.

And the beauty of doing this is that once you get really good at it, you can then start doing PPC consulting/management work for other companies (there's a huge demand for good PPC managers out there). Most PPC companies will charge a monthly service fee of 15% of the advertising budget. So once you get good at doing PPC and have a proven track record, you'd only need to get a client that want dump $50,000/month into PPC (which is extremely common) to make a decent living off this.

Problems with this:
    -It is hard to find good keywords for that price. You'll probably be looking at 8-10 hours of experimenting with Google just to find a few.

Advantages:
    -Spending on $25 at the beginning is a good way to test the waters before dumping all your money into it. Even if it fails, you'll still have $75 to try out elsewhere.

Discreet, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  8. GWHN

GWHN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    woah ! discreat, you certainly are generous ! !

GWHN, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  9. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    That's generous? lol, I guess I'd be a god if I told you some of the good stuff lol. That's just basic ppc management, there's alot of things out there that you can do :)

Discreet, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  10. BacklinkNow.com

BacklinkNow.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Dang, I made BackLinkNow.com with only using:
    $35 custom script and script installed
    $9 domain name
    $10 html coding
    $15 of advertising to get going
    Free hosting from a friend
    Right now I am getting 80+ uniques, but not many adsense clicks. But its possible.

BacklinkNow.com, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  11. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I started with a site on my own domain, but my biggest earner at the moment is on a free blogger account. With proper keyword research, an adwords campaign is a "nice to have" rather than an immediate essential.

There are excellent free tools available to help with keyword research. For zero dollars, you can have a site that within three weeks is earning $150.00 per month. Then reinvest the money in an adwords campaign, etc, etc. It's simple but it is not easy. Research research research. Mostly here, but there are a couple other more specialized sites that will give you a well-rounded education.

Mister Tut, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  12. eric923456

eric923456 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i would use it for reseller hosting :)

eric923456, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  13. eric923456

eric923456 Active Member

Best Answers:
    btw i aready got a reseller hosting

eric923456, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  14. hisham

hisham Active Member

Best Answers:
    i would

1. spend $7 regging a domain
    2. pay $50 for hosting
    3. install an ipb forum

put google ads up and invest some money in advertising.

hisham, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  15. AntiSPY

AntiSPY Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm.. $100...

1 - buy 3 domains.. 7+7+7=...21
    2 - buy 3 diff hosting.. (on a 1 month) 5+5+5=15
    3 - write unical content to all 3 sites..
    4 - create some blogs on free-hosts.
    well, I'll create small web from my 3 sites (by linking each other) with same theme but different kw'ds.. thats all :)

hmm. but I still have $64.. nice :eek:
    I'll pay for Internet-accessing, for some food and cigarettes..
    no, guys.. $100 is too much for beginning.. or I'll buy hosting on 3 month :)

Good luck. your [​IMG]

AntiSPY, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  16. DPTony

DPTony Peon

Best Answers:
    Start a blog, put google ads.

DPTony, Oct 29, 2005 IP
  17. andy912

andy912 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Please dont take this the wrong way and im sure i might even get a few bad ratings for this but if you are going to setup a bussiness do it the right way or not at all!:)

andy912, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  18. techlady

techlady Active Member

Best Answers:
    I aquired a website which i will use as my pet project. I plan on learning a lot from DP. I have my SAT in december so im putting off all the major dedication till then plus I work, and my job is demanding. Thanks for all the feedback as i plan to put all the relevant ones to use.

@andy, I plan to.

techlady, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  19. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just took my SAT, but I'll have to take it again. Before long though you won' thave to work that demanding job. =)

mizt, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  20. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Hmmm i would say that u invest in STOCKS cos u r a beginner here

amitpatel_3001, Oct 31, 2005 IP