1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would you spend $1,000 to get started?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by NickMada, Jun 18, 2016.

I have a basic wordpress static content site with a few articles on (maybe 20 overall) that I started quite a few years ago. I get some traffic but only 50-100 unique visits a day. The site does make the occasional affiliate sale. Given a budget of $1,000, what would you do to get a site like this really bringing in the traffic?

I would appreciate your thoughts.

NickMada, Jun 18, 2016 IP
  2. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about scalability- you've proven you can bring in some traffic from the content you've added- invest in the highest quality of more of the same... rinse & repeat.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jun 18, 2016 IP
    briguy likes this.
  3. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    (1) Register a new domain name or buy one from a auction site like Sedo, Godaddy or Flippa (all dot coms) that has keywords related to your niche
    (2) Get hosting for domain
    (3) Transfer/redirect wordpress site to domain, set up hosting
    (4) upgrade template
    (5) take @WebDev Solutions suggestion about content.

Assuming free wordpress blog/template and a "one-time" only budget of $1000.00

briguy, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  4. nomadingrey

nomadingrey Member

Best Answers:
    I think @briguy sums it up nicely. Get your own domain, set up a site and fill it with quality content that visitors will love reading. You can then set aside part of that budget for SEM or ads in order to boost traffic at the beginning. Content is always the key.

nomadingrey, Jul 6, 2016 IP
    briguy likes this.
  5. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I were in your situation, I would analyze the traffic first and found the keywords for which the website is ranking. Now use a keyword tool and find some related keywords. After that create some high quality content around those keywords. You should also invest some to build links. Once the process is completed, again analyze the traffic and formulate next strategy.

If you take this approach, you will not spend your $1K at once. Rather it will be a continuous regular investment. And if done properly; you will be able grow your website to big one.

seo_buzz, Jul 6, 2016 IP
  6. TuesZ

TuesZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may be able to catch a bing promotion where they will give you $100 to test out on their ppc network. Search for it. But the reason I mention thi is because you ultimately are after good converting traffic so why not test with a free $100 credit from them and then use the $1000 to scale. It is highly doable if you do it right.

TuesZ, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  7. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be helpful if you give us the link, anyway here are my tips:

* Make sure the content is unique and interesting, don't allow room for boredom
    * Do you have a proper branding? A good domain and logo?
    * Do you have social media accounts? If you're not making use of social media then you're unfortunate!
    * Does your website load fast enough ?
    * Is the site UI/UX good? Is there easy navigation ? The content paragraphs are readable, with good typography ?
    * Have you made it easy for people to share your content ? i.e. social share buttons
    * What about the on page SEO? Have you done proper keyword optimization in your articles and headings ?

But i think spending about $40 for a good premium theme is worth the money :)

mrforum, Jul 7, 2016 IP