1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would you see a revolutionary sponsored ads network?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by luanatf, Feb 28, 2014.

By 'revolutionary' I mean:

1. It's not based on Google's Guidelines for Webmasters because it doesn't support Google's ever-growing control over webmasters' and marketers' choices
    2. It's a community of advertisers/marketers and webmasters, not a business
    3. People can sell and buy links within the community, but they decide whether it's nofollow or dofollow, depending on their perception of Google's Guidelines AND how important they are to them (even though the community is not pro-Google, its members are free to be)
    4. The community comes with educational and marketing advice for those who want to learn about anything Marketing, SEO and Advertising without the pro-Bing, pro-Google or pro-anything bias (just pro-freedom, if we want).
    This is all about a certain project I won't get in detail about here, but just asking to survey Digital Point's members opinions about the core values behind it. :) There might be more ideas to come, and any ideas you may have would certainly help with this project.

Thanks for your time!

luanatf, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like the rest of the link networks that keep getting pounded by Google.

I would focus your efforts elsewhere.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  3. luanatf

luanatf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your opinion, Nigel.

The project does have its meaning. Link networks usually encourage the selling and buying of links for PageRank manipulation. The purpose of this project is to get link buying back to its original meaning, that of being a promotional tool and not something aimed at manipulating search engines. The main idea is to make advertising independent of search engines at all.

However, since the rel=nofollow attribute is something encouraged by Google and usually not a webmaster's independent choice, the community would have no guidelines in that sense. Not every webmaster wants links with special attributes on their websites and that's a choice that needs respect, like many others.

luanatf, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, for the sake of argument, graphical ads and text links are two entirely different animals.

I largely mean buying and selling links is an inherently bad idea and regardless of what you do site wise you wind up with a bunch of rubes because that sort of thing is by no stretch of the imagination, seo.

You are appealing to a pretty shifty and uninitiated crowd.
    Its just something to think about. I am not trying to be a stick in the mud.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  5. luanatf

Best Answers:
    While opinions on the matter of SEO and web marketing come in all flavors, I could well say I'm pro link building, but not-for-SEO link building; I'm pro link building for word spreading and connections. I have done SEO for my websites for years and I have done some consulting as well between 2009 and 2012, but being in the game made me think about how things work and about the kind of weigh webmasters and advertisers give to links (and their buying and selling). Advertising - either in the form of text links or graphical banners - is something I want to help separate from the manipulation of search engines because of the dangerous situation it has created-- first thing out of all, it has lead to webmasters having to serve search engines and not themselves and their users. Links will still manipulate search engines somehow, but that can be seen as a collateral; nothing a webmaster or an advertiser should really care about, unless they care so much about staying in a search engine's grace.

(Sorry, it's getting late here. I will add something that makes more sense tomorrow. ;) I risk to get too philosophical at the moment.)

luanatf, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  6. luanatf

Best Answers:
    Just an update on this project. :)

The advertising community is now available at http://sponsoredcircle.com

It's still work-in-progress, but you can already get a picture of it and join it, if you like. The forums will be completely up by the weekend.

luanatf, Oct 16, 2014 IP